Good and Bad News

Clara's POV:

I opened my eyes slowly, and saw Will right in front of me, sleeping peacefully. Our legs tangled, and arms around hugging. Then I heard ringing. Will woke up due to the sound. "who's calling?" he asked in a sleepy voice. "I don't know" I responded, taking hold of my phone. "It's the hospital," I said. Will slowly rose. "why would they call?" I asked curiously. So I answered. "hello?" I said. "Hello, is this Clara Schmidt?" a warm voice of a lady asked. "Yes," I answered. "what happened?" "w-well I don't know how to explain this...but your parents are dead ma'am." the lady answered. Then I froze. I felt my eyes filled tears. "a-alright th-thank you." I said, my voice cracking. Then the call ended. "Clara, what's wrong?" Will said pulling me closer, and wiping my tears. "m-my parents..." I started, but the rest of the sentence I couldn't finish. William held me closer, hugging me tightly. "my parents are dead." I said after calming down a bit. But soon my eyes filled with tears again, and before I knew it I was sobbing. "shhh don't worry, it'll be okay" he said wiping my tears.

William's POV:

After some time, I and Clara drove to the hospital. I placed my hand on hers. She looked at me. "it'll be okay." I said with a warm smile, trying to cheer her up. "thanks Will" she responded and wiped away her tears. Soon we were at the hospital, we walked to the front desk and to the doctor, that tried to save Clara's parents. "what happened?" Clara asked, straight away when the doctor came to us. "well, they were both shot, about 3 times each." the doctor answered. I hugged Clara, but she pushed me away with tears in her eyes and ran outside. I sighed. "thank you, ma'am," I said and rushed after Clara. I saw her standing in the little garden outside near the hospital building. I went up to her. And hugged her from the back. "i-i'm sorry I ran off..." she said. "it's alright, you were just sad" I smiled warmly. "Let's go back home," I said. And we drove off home.

~One Month Later~

Clara's POV:

Over some days, I didn't feel too well. I even threw up sometimes, but I wasn't sick. Until I noticed that I've hadn't had my period for over a month. Could I be pregnant..? I thought to myself. So I decided to drive to the doctor. I went up to the front desk. "excuse me?" I said. "Is there something you need ma'am?" asked a nurse. "I was wondering if I could take a pregnancy test.." I responded. "alright, please take a seat" she replied. After some waiting, it was my turn. Later, after the tests, I was nervous about what William would say. Then I got the results. It's a positive. I said to myself. I drove back home with a smile. Once I stepped into the apartment, I looked around for William. "Willy?" I said in the living room doorway. "what is it dear?" he asked looking up from his book. "I have some wonderful news!" I said sitting next to him with a smile. "what is it?" he asked and smiled. "I'm pregnant" I nervously smiled. "wait- really?!" he said looking straight at me. "y-yeah" I replied. His eyes filled with tears, he fulled me close and hugged me. "I'm gonna be a father!!" he exclaimed laughing with tears in his eyes. "you aren't mad..?" I asked. "why would I be? This is wonderful news!!" he said smiling and kissing me on my forehead.