.𝟝

𝐾𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝐶𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑠 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛
𝑠𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 1𝑠𝑡, 1986

"𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐮𝐩 𝐃𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲! 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 want to miss the first day!" An eleven-year-old girl with deep maroon hair shouted, "I don't want to be rude, but you are quite slow"

The girl turned around quickly, after not hearing a response from the house elf, to make sure he was still following. 

"Dobby is sorry, Master Willow, Dobby will try harder." The house elf squeaked. Willow gave him a look of pity before crouching down to his level.

"It is alright Dobby, I am simply excited to get to the train." She pat the poor house elf on the head and took the rucksack from the scrawny elf. "You can tell me if something is too heavy for you, Dobby, I wouldn't force you to do something like that." The elf smiled up at the girl as she put the sack on the cart.

The pair walked side-by-side until they reached the wall between platforms 9 & 10. Willow leaned down to whisper in the elf's ear,

"Do you know how to do this?" The elf simply shook their head. Willow sighed and looked around for someone to assist. Willow suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder and whipped around into the person.

"Woah you alright there?" It was a girl that only looked a few years older than Willow, "I saw you looking around and wondered if you needed any help." 

Willow examined the girl, as she smiled and waved at the house elf, in awe, not because she was so willing to help, but because her hair was purple & pink. When the girl looked back at Willow she broke her trance and nodded quickly.

"Excellent... have you dyed your hair?" The girl asked, Willow shook her head and the girls face gleamed with excitement, "Are you a Met-" She cleared her throat and lowered her voice, "are you a metamorphagus?"

"Yes" The girl nearly jumped in excitement.

"I am too!" She stuck her hand out, "I'm Nymphadora, but you can call me Tonks." Willow accepted the handshake.

"I'm Willow, Willow Malfoy." 

Willow could've sworn she saw Tonks flinch at her last name, but brushed it off.

"How do I get to the platform?" Willow asked as their hands released.

"Oh, you see platforms 9 and 10?" She pointed to the two platforms and continued speaking when Willow nodded, "The brick wall in between, you run through. Trust me I thought I was going to face-plant the first time I went through it too but after you do it the first time you'll get the hang of it."

Willow nodded and started walking towards the brick wall. Tonks grabbed Dobby and placed him on the end of the cart to sit.

"You should go at a bit of a run." Willow nodded at the suggestion and started jogging towards the wall. Dobby covered his face in worry of hitting the wall at a high speed. Willow closed her eyes as well, awaiting a crash but when it didn't come she came to a stop and opened her eyes.

Her mouth dropped open in awe at the sight of the Hogwarts Express.

"Pretty amazing isn't it?" Tonks asked, Willow nodded slowly, taking in everything. Tonks chuckled before beginning to walk away, "Well, I've got to go meet some people and save a compartment. You put your trunk just over there and then board the train. Good luck, Will."

Dobby jumped off of the cart and back towards Willow, who was still looking at the train in awe.

"Master Willow, Dobby can take the cart while you board the train." Willow looked at the elf and smiled, Dobby had always been there for her when she couldn't handle the things her father said. Willow had never treated Dobby any differently than she would treat a human being.