𝟙

𝘛𝘰𝘯𝘬𝘴 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥
𝘈𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘴𝘵 29𝘵𝘩, 1991

𝐒𝐮𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝, tattered, grey curtains and rested upon Willow's face, causing the girl to turn over in discomfort. The room she resided in was many years older than her but she still loved it, from the olive green walls and slanted ceiling over the matching bed to the ancient rocking chair in the corner. Willow sighed and sat up, nearly hitting her head on the slanted ceiling.

After Willow was disowned, her aunt, Andromeda Tonks, took her under her wing to live with her cousin, Nymphadora Tonks, whom she met by the platform 9 and 3/4, and her uncle, Ted Tonks. No matter how old and tattered the house was, Willow loved it, she felt welcome there.

"Will, Will come on wake up I've gotta take y- Oh, you're awake, good." Tonks came in a ripped the blue quilt off of Willows figure. "Get up and go downstairs, my mums made breakfast for us, were going to Diagon Alley today." Willow took her pillow and placed it over her face with a groan, Tonks pulled the pillow from her grasp and smacked her upside the head with it.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Tonks nodded once and walked out the door. Willow pulled her legs over the bed so her feet rested on the cold wooden floor. She stretched as she walked over to the small wardrobe in the wall, she quickly grabbed clothes and changed out of her sleep-wear.

After changing, Willow began the trek down the four sets of stairs, her room was located in the attic but she still adored it.

"Good morning dear, your breakfast is on the table." Andromeda pointed to the small table where Tonks and Ted already sat. Willow walked over and took her place across from Tonks and diagonal from Ted.

"You excited?" Ted asked Willow nodded as she dug into the scrambled eggs. "You're taking the OWL's this year, correct." Willow nodded once more.

"Oh good luck, and be sure to study, like a TON," Tonks exclaimed with a mouthful of food. Willow laughed as Andromeda scolded Tonks for talking with food in her mouth.

___

𝘋𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯 𝘈𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺

"𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭, I'll get all the supplies while you go do the thing we talked about," Tonks winked and took the school supplies from Willow, sneakily putting a smaller piece of parchment into the younger girls hand, Willow smiled and walked in the other direction.

She walked until she saw Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor and looked across the street to see the Magical Menagerie. She smiled and walked in with a small bag of Galleons and a piece of parchment. She instantly scrunched her nose as the smell in the shop was that of old cat fur and rat droppings. She walked deeper into the store until she saw a woman sitting at a desk, she quickly walked up and stood in front of her.

"Welcome to the Magical Menagerie, did you find all you were looking for today?" Willow shook her head and slid the small piece of parchment across the table. The woman quickly read over it, nodded, and gestured to a door on the right.

"Thank you," Willow said before walking through the door. The other room looked to be an employee break room with two round tables and snacks in the back, but there was a man in the back corner, Willow smiled, walked over, and sat across from the man.

The man looked up and sent a welcoming smile her way. The man's face had clearly seen many rough days, from the burn and scratch marks covering much of it to the pale blue eyes which had clearly seen many struggles.