eleven!

It's the panic that always wakes Lana. The cold, unforgiving panic. She's susceptible to it the same way that brittle bones are susceptible to breaking. She senses his heart racing, feels the way he is tossing underneath the sheets. Her eyes snap open and she immediately comes to Anakin's aid. She gently talks him out of his nightmare, holding his hand in hers tightly.

"It's a nightmare, Anakin, you're safe," she whispers, kneeling beside him. "You're safe, you're right here with me."

His eyes snap open and she feels the panic increase when he doesn't recognise the room in his post-nightmare haze. She hushes him softy, hand running up and down his back as he sits up. It ebbs away slowly, his breathing becoming normal and his heart rate dropping back down.

"Fresh air," he mutters, stumbling out of bed. "I need some fresh air."

"Do you want me to come?" she asks, helping free his trapped foot from the sheets.

"Yes," he says desperately. "Please."

She rises, a hand on his shoulder as she helps guide him outside. She doesn't mind her attire being so exposing— there's nobody else around to see it. The cool air helps to calm him further. She already knows which nightmare this was, the one about his mother is the only one that shakes him like this.

"I saw my mother," he chokes out eventually, looking at the pink and gold rays beginning to peer over the water. "She is suffering." He sighs deeply. "She is in pain."

"Then let's go," she suggests.

"We cannot disobey our mandate to protect the Senator," he says, the pain of admitting that clear on his face.

"Let's go," Padmé says from the doorway. "I don't mean to pry, I heard you having a nightmare and I wanted to see if you're okay."

"You're not prying, don't worry," Anakin assures her. "I... I have to go. I have to help her."

"We," Lana corrects gently. "We will go and help her."

"I'll come with you," Padmé agrees.

"I'm sorry, I don't have a choice," Anakin says genuinely, his eyes begging for the both of them to understand. Lana rubs her thumb across his knuckles, signalling her understanding.

"Then we will leave shortly," Padmé nods, taking charge. "Gather your things, this cannot wait." She leaves quickly, sensing the seriousness of the situation. Lana stands on her tip toes and plants a gentle kiss to Anakin's temple before following Padmé's path inside.

She throws items into her bag haphazardly, not stopping to organise or fold anything. Jedi robes and personal clothing choices are all shoved in together apart from the combat dress she wears underneath her cloak. Not because she thinks there will be fighting, but because it's the most comfortable thing she owns (and the nicest thing she has with her). Her lightsaber is fastened securely to her waist where it belongs.

She drags her bag with her and grabs Padmé's on her way past her doorway, hurrying along to meet Anakin, who is already waiting to go.

They pile onto a Nubian ship and Lana helps Anakin's shaking hands plot a course before she pulls him off to a secluded area. She tells Padmé to yell if any alarms go off and she promises that she will.