seventeen!

01x02

The war stretches days and weeks away from Anakin into feeling like months. She's pulled all over the galaxy, sometimes with her boyfriend and Obi-Wan, other times with Master Yoda or her father and the rest leading her own battalion on her own.

Lana can barely keep still in her fighter as she leaves her position to join Anakin and his new Padawan, Ahsoka, on their Republic warship. He's currently stationed in the Bith System, about a half parsec away from Lana's current position, and getting closer every moment. She closes her eyes and reaches out for their connection. She can feel his growing excitement and a shred of growing irritation which retreats as soon as he feels her.

He's stood in the control room, impatiently waiting for Lana to arrive. Knowing their luck, something will happen that requires them to leap straight into action before they can even greet each other properly. He has to repress a smile when he feels her tugging at their connection. It formed right after the start of the war— Obi-Wan assumed that it formed because they wanted to be together so much more often than they have been allowed to be so far.

"Waiting for Master Lana to show up?" Ahsoka asks, spotting his small smile.

"She should be nearly here," he nods. "I think I'll go and greet her when she arrives."

"Great! I'll come with you! I haven't seen Lana in ages, she's so cool," she gushes excitedly. As much as Anakin loves how likeable Ahsoka finds Lana, he really wants to see her alone.

"Is there nothing you can be doing up here?" he asks, gesturing to the bridge. He feels her getting closer and knows that his Padawan won't give up quickly. "I mean, I'll be bringing her right up, so I wouldn't worry about missing her."

Ahsoka sighs, but accepts that she's going to have to wait here. "Fine, I'll wait. Bring her quickly, I'm getting sick of all the men."

Anakin grins and leaves quickly. Lana guides her fighter down, spotting Anakin strolling towards her quickly. She hops out with a wide smile, thanking her R5 unit before Anakin grabs her hand and pulls her into a secluded alcove. Nobody can see them in the shadows and Lana relishes in the feeling of his hands on her waist.

"We can't be long," he mutters, pressing kisses all around her face happily. "Ahsoka is desperate to see you."

"Makes sense, she's been around you so long that she's probably hoping to salvage some of her sanity," Lana retorts, catching his lips sweetly with her own. "I've missed you."

Anakin chuckles. "Not nearly as much as I've missed you."

"We have this argument every time. At least you've got Ahsoka. I didn't get a Padawan."

"You didn't want a Padawan," he corrects before sighing and allowing her to pull them both out of the alcove. They are forced to detach themselves from each other reluctantly, but just the sight of the other beside them in the flesh is enough to lift their spirits considerably. They both catch each other up briefly, avoiding discussions about missions until they have to return to actually working.

Once they reach the bridge, Ahsoka comes bouncing up happily.

"Lana!" she grins, throwing her arms around the new arrival.