3

The adrenaline rush had subsided Dipper's mind. He was glad that he could get away before he hurt anyone. He figured that they would have a lot of questions so he decided that he would stay out in the forest until dawn and he could regain human form. Even with the practise he'd been giving himself, once he changed to be a wolf the effect of that form would last until the sun rose.

Just to help himself he made his way closer to his practice spot as he didn't venture this deep into the forest before. The only reason he did this time was because he didn't realize how fast he was running.

He took his time getting back but kept wary for a feeling of someone following him. Someone, or something. The footsteps felt too heavy to be a person maybe a minotaur of a group of gnomes? Even with heightened senses this thing knew how to be unnoticed.

Always having one ear back and looking over his shoulder, Dipper continued towards the shack. The familiar scents were starting to poke at his nose a sense of comfort wafted over him, he relaxed for just a moment until he heard a large growl from behind. Something pounced towards him but he was able to avoid it with ease. If he were still human he would have been a goner. He was able to see his attacker and notice that it was another wolf just like him but twice his size. Something seemed off about him, there was no true consciousness just pure instinct and that instinct was to attack.

TIme was possibly on Dipper's side, the sun was about to come up and he was close enough to the shack that he could make it in time to stay protected with the help of Gruncle Ford. He tried to run as fast as he could but the other wolf cut him off and kept him in place, he was trapped. The only thing he could do now was possibly try and defend himself. He swiped with his claws and fortunately, that did help in keeping the wolf back. He managed to land a scratch on his shoulder. It didn't seem deep but the sheer force behind that swipe would've bruised the muscle so it was unable to put pressure on its left side.

The sun finally started to rise and the transformation effect started on the both of them became human. DIpper was able go to regain his human form first and sat and watched as the other wolf had a slower time turning back. Once the wolf showed signs of consciousness and humanity Dipper offered a hand to help only to find that it was... Gruncle Stan.