Chapter 38

"Just 10 minutes of your time, that's it," Sal requested.

You and Q both nodded and sat across from Sal.

"What's going on?" Q asked him.

"I just really want to apologize for all the shit that we've gone through. Like, actually apologize. The last few times I tried to apologize, I let my emotions get in the way of what I wanted to say."

"Alright," you responded to him.

"With graduation being right around the corner, I don't want the friendship I've had with both of you to just go away because now we won't be seeing each other all that often. I know I did some really shitty things and said some nasty words to both of you, but I want to put that aside and tell you that I care about both of you deeply. I just want the best for you. I hope we can be civil and try to mend what I've broken. I'm extremely sorry for everything that has happened between us and anything that may have happened to your relationship."

"I appreciate that you want to apologize. I want to accept your apology, but there's no way of knowing if you're actually sincere. You could be saying this now and tomorrow you could lose your shit yet again. Sometimes it's small things that we do that make you tick and sometimes you can be unpredictable," Q expressed.

"I have to agree with Q here. For the longest time, the three of us were able to be in a room together and we could talk without raising voices and getting angry," you say.

"Yeah and then you kissed me backstage and completely led me on. It's all your fault," Sal stated.

"I've apologized countless times for that. You knew I was with Q and it was exceptionally poor judgment on my part. I'm still sorry for that because I know it's my fault that shit's been going down."

"Babe, don't beat yourself up like this. This situation resulted from multiple different things all happening at the same time. Sal's jealousy got the best of him when you two kissed and it's caused us all to say terrible things to each other. It's not just one person's fault."

"If she didn't kiss me, we wouldn't be having this discussion," Sal muttered.

"See, this is why I'm so hesitant about accepting your apology! You say you're sorry but you get snippy with us and say things under your breath," Q commented. 

"I know everyone is getting frustrated because it's late, we're all tired, and now we're having this discussion for the millionth time, but can we please just calm it down? Sal, I'm glad you want to apologize, but I can't just accept it and forget anything happened. I wish I could take back everything that I did because I regret it more than I can explain and I feel awful."

"Good. You should feel bad," Sal said to you.

"What the hell is your problem? You switch up your moods so quickly and expect us to just be okay with it!" Q raised his voice.

"We're both willing to accept your apology, but you're ruining it by not knowing when to stay quiet. If I could take back everything I did to betray Q's trust, I would do it in a heartbeat. I know what I did was wrong and I don't need you adding remarks just so you can hear your own voice!"

"I came here to apologize and now I'm getting attacked for stating my opinion?! What the f**k is this? I've had it! I'm going to bed," Sal exclaimed.

"I would like to have a serious and calm conversation with you and I'm sure y/n would agree with me here. If you would like to talk, then please stay. If you don't care anymore, then I hope you sleep well," Q told him.

"F**k you," Sal said, looking at both of you. He left the room and you heard a door slam.

Q gave you a hug and you instantly started to cry.