Chapter 25

Shout out to@_Victoria_yemi for her funny comments!! 

Cover by yours truly!!❤❤

Holding the phone steadily in her hand,she spoke into it

"Hello?"  

"Rinde?....is this you?",her father said in a hoarse but professional voice

"Yes?....what happened,why are you calling me at this time?",she said,uncouncsiously whispering into the phone.

"Ah,kosi o,I just wanted to tell you that your mother and I are not fighting again o....so that we wouldn't affect you when you are doing school work",he said as his yoruba accent took over.

"Well that's good,but you could have called me like in the afternoon or something" she said not whispering anymore.

There was a silence between them both,Rinde could only hear the sound of the taps running,and the yells of students telling the boys to hurry up.

"Hello?....daddy are you still there?" she asked using her to block the other ear from hearing the noise around her.

"Yes,yes sorry it's network....your mother and I are travelling to Florence...for business,not anything serious....didn't she tell you ?......we'll be back before you know it .Shegbo?"he said clearing his throat

"Yes..but mid-term holidays are close..who'll pick me up?"she asked hoping her father wouldn't cut the call.

Her mother's voice chirped in"Rinde....It's Mrs Gbeho that'll pick you up...she'll drop you at the house,and we've already left some cash...we won't be long...love you".

" Yes.....Lo-"the call had been cut off by her dad before she could even bid her parents farewell."Give me my phone jare, be wasting my credit "hissed Mr Olusanya before snatching the phone from Rinde who was still hoping they hadn't cut the call.

***

" What happened?"asked Wunmi as Rinde stood beside waiting for Habib to bring her bucket, "My parents called" Rinde said flatly,"And?..."Wunmi said waiting for an explanation,"Nothing much..they're just travelling".Wunmi looked confusingly at the distracted girl."Who'll na pick you up?".

Rinde had caught sight off Habib, he was carrying her bucket in on hand and his small towel in the other."Here you go!"he said dropping the green bucket in front of her. "Thanks" she said smiling as she looking up to see Habib's face."Oya everybody must have gotten water o..to your hostel...NOW!"shouted Mrs Olusanya, interrupting the moment."I'll see you later "said Habib quickly,patting Rinde's rough twist.

"Where did this woman even come from sef"hissed Wunmi as she carried her bucket then following Rinde who was ahead of her." Did they not put her with the year 12 students?"said Rinde slowing down for Wunmi to catch up with her.

Dropping their buckets beside their room door,the two girls quickly undressed,then tying their towels before going to the bathroom.

"We have only 1 hour o..be fast!!" shouted Mrs Ogechi from the Common room door.

Rinde struggled to pass in the middle of students who were rushing to have their bath,as they splashed water all around just to rinse their body."Excuse me...sorry"she said.

Upon getting to her space that she had saved at the back,she sighed a breath of relief, she could finally clean up.

***

Entering the room she dropped her bucket beside the door before using her towel to dry her wet hair.

"Can you be fast!!"said Mrs Olusanya startling Rindé as she entered the room,nearly dropping the towel she weakly held onto.