Iida Tenya Believes

The Iida family has always kept a special book, a diary if you will, of their experiences to pass onto the next generation.

Tenya Iida knew both his mothers and father books as well as he knew the outlay of each of the engines growing from his legs. He, of course, also had one diary of his own.

The reason for bringing this up you may ask?

Well, he thought it was well past time that he should enter in the past experiences of the year. Many events had occurred which will never be experienced by others in a lifetime.

Iida sat down at his desk and opened up the leather bound diary to a neatly bookmarked area. Then he began to write.

'I started my U.A schooling this year without properly preparing for what was to come.

I believed that there was nothing more to my future other than pursuing a life of Heroics to make Tensei and our family proud. Then I would either die on the field or live a life knowing that my close ones were well looked after even once I would die of old age. I sat down at the U.A entrance exams with he goal in my mind to strive and be the best.

Then while a teacher was explains the rules to our physical exam I stood up and berated a boy for muttering.

Izuku Midoriya was nothing much. No distinctive figures stood out to me at the time other then the rude behaviour he had shown.

However during the exam he broke both of his arms and one leg just to save a girl instead of getting points.

I was truely astonished at the time. The teachers wouldn't let a death happen on the field. If this were a real scenario I would have definitely done the same.

Except I didn't.

Midoriya saved her life and the two of them became my very best friends.

When Tensei got injured I lost composure and tried to murder Stain the Hero Killer and would have died if he hadn't have intervened with another classmate. It was then that I started understanding. I really was not prepared for the future I caused for at all. I wasn't prepared for the field.

A brash classmate who hated Midoriya and was vulgar to all was kidnapped not to far after that. He was taken by the League Of Villains who were powerful enough to later weaken All Might to a poor state.

Midoriya and a few other of my classmates then decided to try and rescue him. The one who often picked on Midoriya and was rude to everyone. I just couldn't work it out. Why would he go so far when the other stronger Heroes could do it? Why did Midoriya act so stupid despite being so smart? Why?

His reason was that he couldn't just let someone be hurt in front of him.

He is my dearest friend and I know he will likely become the top Hero one day-'

"I-I-Iida I didn't t-think you thought of me l-like that!"

Tenya violently flicked and spun around to see who was in his room. However, due to the movement and flimsiness of his chair he ended up get knocked down to the floor and landed on his backside while extremely startled. Uncharacteristically blushing he looked up to see who had entered the room only to see his very own Izuku Midoriya in tears.

"I-I'm sorry for disturbing you Iida! I was just going to ask you about what you wanted for dinner but I didn't realise that busy!"

Tenya abruptly stood back up and brushed himself off despite the small blush still dusting his cheeks. How embarrassing.

"I-I will cook my own dinner Midoriya, just how did you get in though?! Please tell me that you didn't break down the door!"

He quickly glanced to the entry to check if everything was fine. Fortunately, the door was intact and he let out a small sigh of relief. Wait, but how did he get in?!

"I saw that your window was open, so I just crawled through that!"

Tenya stared at him in disbelief.

The window?! It was indeed open but how could he get through the gap? Quirks were strictly prohibited and there was also no possible way that Midoriya could have done it so quietly that his writing wouldn't be disrupted at all.

"We are on the third floor Midoriya! The is no possible way you could have climbed up and in that small gap without a sound as well! Don't tell me Todoroki was telling the truth."

Green eyes blinked in confusion at him as if Midoriya did not just understand what he had done.

"I just... entered?"

There was no point. Groaning out loud and resisting the urge to rub his forehead Tenya closed up his book and carefully placed it in the bottom left drawer of his study desk.

"Midoriya, and I can not stress this enough, breaking and entering is illegal. Just knock next time. Please?"

A suspicious thud came from Tenya's doubly latched door and an unmistakable voice rang through.

"Iida! I heard a loud thump so I'll assume you fainted! I'm going to knock this door down!"

Uraraka. Of course. Why wouldn't she be in the boys dorms.

"Iida's fine Uraraka! He just fell off of his seat!"

Tenya forced his face into neutral and opened the door without a single trace of annoyance.

Maybe he should have been an actor?

Uraraka seemed startled at the sight of Midoriya in the back but also quickly changed her pace.

"Iida! The guys doing grocery shopping got a big platter of sushi for dinner! We thought you might want for dinner so come downstairs!"

They brought sushi instead of ingredients?!

He forgot all other thoughts while immersed in the knowledge that someone used the teachers money to buy then all sushi.

Tenya didn't even noice the uneasy looks Uraraka gave Midoriya as they left the room. The boy in questions face being concealed by shadow, with only two green dots the size of pinpricks to show.