Chapter 11 *edited*

Heeeeeyoooooooo
So, I'm back again woop woop and here we go with another Update, enjoy!

Songs for this Chapter are:

Sleeping With Sirens - Iris (Goo Goo Dolls Cover)

The Fray - You Found Me

Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud

Hedley - Parade Rain

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We planned on staying in all day, actually but when the evening arrived we decided to go out for a walk. Rebekka also thought it might be better for her to go home anyway, because of John. Not that he would be angry, but she didn't want him to worry. I totally got that actually. I mean everytime John actually saw me was when I acted like a full-time idiot. So we made our way to infamous Jefferson Road.

My thoughts were wandering from the US to Australia and back while we're walking, so it seemed like I didn't really pay attention to what was happening around me. Of course I did notce that look Rebekka's face held when I shoved my hands into my pockets instead of holding hers or the somehow hurt expression she had when she noticed that my mind was far far away or how she shivered because there was this light blowing wind going around.
But it seemed liek I didn't notice any of this or just didn't care at all, I guess.
That's also why I looked up in somehow shock that we already arrived at Rebekka's home.

"So", she said and cleared her throat. "That was a really nice day" She shyly looked to the ground.
"Yeah. I guess" Idiot.

There was this strange kind of silence creeping around us, creating the biggest invisible space possible between us.
"Yeah", she finally broke the silence and let out a deep breath, turning around and searching for the keys.
"Rebekka?", I said and she turned around with maybe a tad too much excitement in her voice saying "Yeah?" one more time. Because that way it was so easy to tell how her mood dropped again after I said "I..Nevermind"
"Alright", she said and turned around again with a silent sigh.
"I'm sorry", I said and put my foot on the first step of the stairs, trying to make this unbearable space go away. "I'm not quite a pro at these"
"Obviously", she laughed a little and turned around once again.
I took the last two steps to get closer to her and pulled her close to my chest. She seemed a bit confused at first but got into the hug real quick.
"I seriously enjoyed this day", I whispered into her hair. "Let's say.. I haven't had much time to relax lately and it was really just what I needed"

Rebekka got out of the hug to look me in the eye, deeply. She didn't say anything at all and her gaze was full of emotions I couldn't grasp: Pitty. Happiness. Hope.
I quickly stared into another direction, trying to hide my whatever hurt expression. I suddenly feel arms wrapping around my torso, gripping tight and I can feel Rebekka's warm breath on my chest.

"You know", she started mumbling into my shirt, but then looked up, back into my eyes. "You don't have to be afraid anymore"
Back then, I didn't quite get what she meant by saying that because I didn't feel afraid. I felt lost and finally found. I felt like a castaway that just needs some time to get back to reality because he doesn't know how to socialize and act normally anymore.
I kissed Rebekka on the top of her head abd whispered a quiet , actually almost absent, not quite existent "I'm sorry"

She planted a short and soft kiss on my lips before she smiled at me, saying "Bye, Luke. It sure was a nice day". Turning around for the last time today, she finally entered the house.
I stood at the porch for a few more minutes, heard Rebekka greet John from inside the house and decided to get back to the hotel by the time it started to rain.

Hope you enjoyed! Leave a comment and don't forget to vote please! Love youu x

Anca :)