Chapter 12: Lucy and Jackson's Plan

Hey guys! I'm happy to be writing this chapter, for some reason. I love writing my stories. ^.^

So I received comments on the last chapter answering my question on whether Faye should tell her parents or not about this war. I got both yes and no, so that leaves me with some sort of decision.

I've decided that Faye will NOT tell her parents yet, but she will later. I have plans for her in these few chapters.

Bryce Dallace Howard as Ronda Foreigner to the side.

NOTE: I do NOT own the picture, nor do I claim I do. That goes to it's rightful owner.

Enjoy!

-------------

"Faye, love," Jackson said quietly, rubbing my back gently. "Come on please talk to me."

"Leave me alone, Jackson," I snap, pulling the blankets over me and closing my eyes. My eyes felt heavy from crying. I was so tired, so depressed, that I couldn't even think correctly.

"Hey." Jackson brushed his fingers across my shoulder. "Faye..I'm sorry, okay? But I honestly think shouldn't tell your parents-"

"And let the Slayers ambush them and leave them shocked and unprotected?" I spat, glaring up at him.

"Faye look at me." Jackson leaned over me, meeting my eyes. "I do not plan on letting your family get hurt, alright? You're not going anywhere and I don't want to hurt you about this."

I bit my lip to keep myself from yelling at him all the things that have been building up inside me for these past two days. Why would my friends, and my husband, decide to keep this a secret? It could really make a difference. One that could save lives.

Jackson had an expression on his face that told me he somehow knew what I was thinking. His fingers wrap firmly, but not harshly, around my shoulder and he slowly turns me to him. I refused to look in his eyes, but instead kept them on my hands.

"Faye," he said sternly, squeezing my shoulder. "Look at me. Now."

When I don't oblige he put two fingers under my chin and forced my head up. I'm staring directly into the chocolate brown eyes I fell deeply in love with.

"Faye," he said again, his fingers brushing my chin. A shudder of pleasure rippled through me, making me momentarily forget why I was even angry with him.

"What?" I manage to whisper up at him. I let out a deep breath and continue to look in his eyes.

"You." He kissed my nose. "Are." He kissed my throat. "So." He kissed my shoulder. "Stubborn."

A tiny, quiet moan escapes my lips every time a kiss is placed on my skin. "Being stubborn is my specialty."

"Oh." His hand slowly slid my shirt down my right shoulder. His eyes glittered as she stares at me.

"Jackson." I shake my head, hair falling in front of my face. "Please."

"Please what?"

"Please stop. We need to talk about the issue at hand."

He sighed and slid the shirt back up on my shoulder. "Alright. At least you're talking to me at all."

"Yeah." I brush the hair away from my face and glance up at him. "Why do you want to keep it a secret, Jackson?"

"I don't want to," he replied, running his hand through his hair. "But, Faye, we don't even know if they'll declare the war."

"They already did," I retort, crossing my arms. "They signed the paper didn't they?"