Chapter 030

"He'll kill you if he finds out what you're up to," Malia warns, rummaging through Theo's trying to find an outfit for him to wear, much to Theo's disgust, as far as he concerned a girls dress sense and a guys dress sense are two totally different things.

It's later on in the day, and although he's messaged Liam telling him to be ready for seven, Theo still hasn't heard back from him; not that it matters of course, after their conversation about Scott earlier that morning, Liam's been blanking him, not that he can blame the poor boy.

"Listen, he's your boyfriend and Liams step brother, I respect that," he explains, hopping around as he tries pulling on some blue skinny jeans, that've definitely shrunk; they barely make it over his knees without tearing any extra material. "What I don't respect is Scott telling me to abandon the boy like he isn't already plagued with abandonment issues, besides it's his birthday Mal, has Scott even mentioned if he has anything planned for him?"

"No," she finally admits after a long pause, "but then again, I haven't asked him, maybe he forgot to tell me." Grabbing another pair of jeans from Theo's wardrobe, she throws the pair he couldn't get on into the bin.

"Oh, like when he meant to call you after he got home, and didn't, leaving you physicallysick becauseyou thought something bad had happened?" To Theo, Scott had proven to not only be an unworthy brother, but also an unworthy boyfriend to Malia who on numerous occasions has been left crying in Theo's bathroom after countless date nights that've been ruined, now wearing a pair of black skinnies with holes in the knee, Theo pulls Malia forward by her elbows, being careful not to let her trip, gently brushing strands of hair away from her face, he starts cradling her face carefully in between his hands like she might break just by him touching her. "You deserve everything the world has to offer, so please don't settle for anything less okay."

A loud creak breaks the silence, turning to face his bedroom door, in walks Corey with his hair all fluffed up and pink skinned from not long getting out the shower, holding a bowl of cereal in one hand, and pulling a chair out to sit down, Corey says. "Malia said you're going on a date, who with?"

"Trust me pinky, it's not a date."

For someone who's famous, and has had a long history of relationships that've lasted no longer then a few months, Theo has absolutely no clue what he's doing, he knew for sure that this wasn't going to be a date, because above everything Liam is still to close to being a child, and Theo'll admit that scares him - there's too many what ifs floating around in his brain as he sits on his bed, listening to Malia explain why Scott's the 'one,' even after everything he's done.

"I believe that he's been there for you, however I also believe he's a control freak."

"What, like Tracy?" Malia bites back quickly, not accepting anything Theo says for the millionth time, "because we all know how that turned out, don't we?"

Appearing to look unamused from the mention of a past memory, Theo rolls his shoulders back as he leans against the wall next to his bed, "I'm guessing you mean before she accused me of assaulting her, or are you referring to me almost loosing my career, please dear do specify."

For a short, brief moment a strong silence fills the spacious bedroom in Theo's semi-luxery apartment, with his chin resting on his interlocked fingers, he patiently waits for an answer, tapping his feet softly against the wooden floorboards.

"Sorry, you know I didn't actually mean that," said Malia, her voice full of guilt. "It's just I know you aren't fond of Scott, I was never fond of Tracy but I never kept picking on her like you do Scott."

Acknowledging the point Malia is making, he pats at the spot next to him on the bed, his white mattress cover creases under the pressure of him touching it, thankfully he's not a neat freak like Corey, as Malia sits next to Theo, shifting her weight closer to lean into him, Theo wraps his arm around her shoulders holding her closely, she's one of the only people he's only ever felt this comfortable with; when he looks at Malia, he see's the relationship he should've had with Tara, the one he abandoned just so he could fulfill his dream, which at the time couldn't be guaranteed. "I know, and it's not fair, which I'm starting to see now so how about, I get out of your hair and go see Liam, and you can smash my room to pieces if it'll make you feel any better?"

"Deal."

Driving through the more pleasant part of town, with his windows down and music blaring obnoxiously loud for other people to hear, because he doesn't give a fuck, Theo lists off everything he has to between picking Liam up to driving him back home,returning him before Scott even notices his absence which hopefully won't be too hard, earlier on Malia agreed to take Scott out on a romantic date, celebrating the fact he's back for a little while.

Don't engage in physical contact.

Don't bring up Scott or anything personal.

Make sure he doesn't get lost.

Watch out for a weird-o which could be Liams biological mother.

Don't get caught by Scott.

Have fun.

"This is going to be a long day," rubbing his face with both hands once parked up outside, Theo stares up at the house watching Liams silhouette bounce across the vacant windows in the living room, an involuntary smile creeps across his face, warming the apples of his cheeks as he thinks about how happy the young boy must be.

Dusting himself off once more after stepping out of the truck, Theo walks up the path to the front door, ready to give Liam the best birthday present ever.