Chapter 2

Piedmont, California. 4th July 2018

Time passed after that heartwarming morning.
More adventures, Dipper saving Mabel, Mabel saving Dipper, as good siblings should do. Sadness and great depression when they left Gravity Falls. Their parents had already planned to go to Arizona next summer vacations. Dipper's and Mabel's devastation was relieved by happiness when their 13th birthday came, and the thoughts that they would be back to Oregon sooner or later.
Weeks, months, years. 14, 15, 16, 17, and sooner than they would expect, they were already 18 years old, beginning university. Same university, different paths. Dipper, science. Mabel, arts. Dipper had always been that kind of guy fascinated by finding an explanation to everything, an explorer of even the most simple aspects of life. His excellent grades would allow him to go to sciences too. Mabel has always been an artist by heart. Kind, childish heart, her dreamspace was warm and inviting as a child's, unlike most adults. People with special hearts like this become artists. But the Twins still usually spent most of their time together, as they did as kids.
Since their 14th birthday, their parents had decided to let them spend all their summer vacations at their grunkle's shack.
Their parents were surprised by how much the Twins loved being there, especially Dipper, who was always complaining in the beginning of the summer and seemed to hate being in the Mystery Shack without his videogames. 
Eventually, he would substitute videogames for books, stinging eyes due to being hours playing and a sedentary lifestyle for a strong, adventure-loving soul and a love for being outside and searching for mystery. Dipper was born an adventurer by heart, but never showed it. His summer vacation at Gravity Falls made him release and discover this side of him, made him discover who he truly was.

Then, summer vacations came one more time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dipper and Mabel took the bus when the class was over. When they arrived in their home, Dipper picked up his iPhone and called their parents.

"Hey mom." He said. His mother's voice was a soft, caring one. "Yeah, we're here. We're fine. Did you arrive in Gravity Falls yet? Oh. Okay. Mom, I'm not a baby. I can take care of myself and my sister. Yeah, don't speak to strangers. Seriously? We're 18! Yeah... Fine. I love you too, mom. Bye." Dipper put the phone on the living room table and sat in the sofa with his sister.

"So? How's Grunkle Stan?" Mabel asked with some anxiety.

"I dunno. They didn't arrive in Gravity Falls yet..." Dipper's voice transpired some worry.

"Dipper, he said he was just fine when our parents called him." Mabel comforted her brother with concern.

"Yeah, I know..." Dipper kept staring at the floor, his legs supporting his arms as he sat on the sofa with a very teen-like pose.

Dipper and Mabel always went to Gravity Falls during the summer. But, that time, their parents decided to visit Grunkle Stan sooner to help him with the Shack, as he was already 81. Dipper and Mabel had agreed with their parents to stay one week at home and then join them, as Dipper wanted some time alone with his sister to talk about the supernatural things that had occurred.

Mabel stared at him in silence and concern for a while.
"Let's just see what's on TV." She said, picking up the remote and turning on the TV to cheer him up a bit.
Mabel turned on the TV on Cartoon Network.

Dipper didn't like the idea. "Mabel, seriously? Cartoon Network? We aren't-"

"Shh! Dipper... look." Mabel said. Dipper looked at the screen. They just stared at it in silence. A calm, melancholic music played in the piano began. They knew that show.

Led through the mist,

By the milk-light of moon,

All that was lost, is revealed.

Our long bygone burdens, mere echoes of the spring,

But where have we come, and where shall we end?

If dreams can't come true, then why not pretend?

Oh how the gentle wind,

Beckons through the leaves,

As autumn colors fall.

"Dipper, it's Over the Garden Wall!" Mabel exclaimed, excited. "Remember when we saw it as kids?"

"Over the Garden Wall? I can't believe it! They aired it again!" Dipper said, laughing from happiness and excitement.
Their eyes were stuck on the TV screen again, as when they were watching the show for the first time. That moment made them return to the golden memories of their childhood, when they watchedOver the Garden Wall. That show was just like magic to them, it made them return to the old classics. Over the Garden Wall was like an all-time classic to them, a nostalgic memory of their childhood.

Dipper still remembered that, when they were watching the last episode, Mabel started crying when Greg had been tricked by the Beast and Wirt had come to save his younger brother. Dipper put the arm on her shoulder, hugging her.

"Mabel... If you were tricked by the Beast... you know I would do anything to save you, right?" Dipper began.

Mabel sniffled and wiped the tears, smiling to her brother. "I know, bro-bro..."

Dipper smiled and gently pulled his sister closer to him.

Dipper felt lucky to have such memories kept in his heart.
Over the Garden Wall had been such an important part of their childhood. Not compared to their first summer at Gravity Falls, though. It was definitely the most important memory they kept.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the middle of the second episode of Over the Garden Wall, Dipper's phone rang.

"Wait, Mabel." Dipper said as he got up and picked up the phone. It was their mother again.

"Hi, mom." He said. His mother's voice answered, loud, distressed and trembling. Dipper was shocked with what he just heard.
"Grunkle Stan WHAT?" He yelled."No... No, can't be... Wait, wait, hang on, we're coming right now!"