Chapter 1

I sprinted into King's Cross station, my cart full of trunks and luggage dragging against the uneven gray brick platform.  "Every time." I muttered to myself. The wheels on my cart couldn't have gone any faster. I pushed pedestrians out of the way as I peered up to the overhead signs, passing by each pillar.

Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Found it.   

Without hesitation, I barreled straight into the brick pillar. I've gotten used to it. I caught myself on two feet, and I brought my gaze upwards to see the Hogwarts Express in front of me. I had gotten there just in time. I took a moment to admire the Express, it was just the way I remembered it before. The red passenger train with black underneath and on the front. The numbers "5972" embellished in white paint on the front. Steam came pouring out from underneath the wheels on the rusty tracks. 

All of the pureblooded families were scattered across the platform waving goodbye and hugging their children tightly. I looked down to the front corner of the platform, near the front of the train. It's where the Weasley's always seemed to stand every year. I noticed Aunt Molly and Uncle Arthur helping the rest of the Weasley family on the Express, and I waved goodbye. 

I made direct eye contact with my Aunt Molly and Uncle Arthur as I headed towards the boarding area. "Have a fantastic year sweetheart!" Shouted Aunt Molly and Uncle Arthur to me, and then to their children who were sticking their red heads out of the miniscule windows. Yes, the Weasley's are my cousins. And no...I'm not in Gryffindor. I waved my final goodbyes to my Aunt and Uncle as I stepped onto the thick black steel platform, leading me onto the Hogwarts Express.

I would consider myself a fairly fortunate girl. I received my letter for Hogwarts four years ago, one year behind Ron Weasley.  My mother is a pure-blood and works for the Ministry of Magic, and is a sister to Molly Weasley. My father on the other hand, is a half-blood, and he works for the Daily Prophet. Which, makes me a pretty pure-blooded witch. I have a brother, named Finn, that is two years older than me. He also goes to Hogwarts, and is also in Hufflepuff, but somehow managed to arrive early this year. 

I wouldn't consider my parents very involved with me or Finn's academic career at Hogwarts, they drop us off in the abnormally large parking lot at King's Cross, and that's about it. While they aren't really involved, we are required to write them at least one letter a month while we're away at Hogwarts. My mother calls it our "monthly check -in". 

We live just like any other muggle, at the end of a cul de sac off of Maple Street. 107 Maple Street is where we live when I'm not at Hogwarts. It's a red brick house, with a black shingle roof and white exterior shutters. Nothing far different from what you see on a normal day. I began to walk down the velvet red carpet aisle, passing compartment after compartment. The train jolted to a start while I continued to count the number compartment I was passing by. 

Six, seven, eight, nine, ten, ELEVEN. 

The eleventh compartment has been a tradition. Every year on our trip to Hogwarts, my bestfriends and I ALWAYS sat here. I grabbed a hold of the golden embellished glass sliding door, and slid it against the metal guiding track in the carpet. "LILY!" Roared Meryl, her hand slapping the seat with excitement. My other best friend, Ginerva, had the same expression on her face. They nearly bolted out of their seats. The three of us hugged each other so tight, as if it had been a century since the last time we saw each other. We all continued to laugh and in that moment, I felt a wave of energy and happiness spread throughout my body. 

I could barely make out Ginerva's words as she laughed, and she couldn't seem to stop smiling. As she released from the long, tight hug, she said, "I do NOT miss my muggle family." Ginerva was the only one out of the three of us who was a mud-blood, or muggle born. 

After about thirty minutes of talking nonstop about our lives away from Hogwarts, the sound of a squeaky cart coming down the aisle grew closer to our compartment door. The Trolley Witch had arrived at our door with her cart full of all the sweets you could imagine. Meryl stood up to slide open the door, while Ginerva and I located some Sickles and Knuts in our pockets. 

"Anyhting from the trolley?" She asked, per usual. The trolley was fully stocked with all the goods from Honeydukes Sweetshop in Hogsmeade. The trolley was full of colorful lollipops, jellybeans, and even some pumpkin drinks. Along the side were the most recent issues of the Daily Prophet. It reminded me of my Father. 

"We'll have three Chocolate Frogs, two Fizzing Whizbees, a Sugar Quill Lollipop, and three Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Beans, please." Answered Meryl, with our usual order that never changed. We each pitched in an even amount of Sickles and Kunts to pay. Meryl handed the load to the old Trolley Witch. 

"Have a nice day, dears." The Trolley Witch finished and shuffled onto the next compartment. Meryl began to sort out the candy on the velvet seat, and we started unwrapping the sweets. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just finished my Bertie Bott's Every Flavor of Jelly Beans, and the three of us had finished catching up on about everything we could think of. Ginerva's wrapper to her Chocolate Frog, her last piece of candy, crinkled and crunched as she opened the red foil on the chocolate. 

The sound of snickering and violent chuckling by a group of boys caught out attention as it drew closer to our compartment. "Do you guys hear that?" Asked Meryl.

"Mmhmm." Muttered Ginerva. "Now who wants to guess who that may be?" She added sarcastically. 

"Malfoy. You can hear his snickering a mile away." Meryl said in a condescending tone. I peered out the corner of the glass sliding door. Sure enough, down the aisle, Malfoy with Crabbe and Goyle. Malfoy's platinum blonde, almost white hair looked just like his father's. It wasn't hard to spot in a crowd, or a dimly lit aisle. 

"I-I can see them, they're coming down the aisle." I stammered. Malfoy always scared me. His family of Death Eaters scared me. I didn't want anything to do with the Malfoy's, considering how quick they could ruin the lives of any non-Death Eaters. 

"Them? What do you mean them?" Asked Meryl.

"Crabbe and Goyle are with him too." I answered, pulling my head away from the door.

"I knew it." Ginerva said sincerely. 

"Just don't draw attention to ourselves, he'll find a way to make us miserable. Like usual." I said. Malfoy was like a dark cloud hanging over everyone's heads, unless you were in Slytherin. He was a year older than us, but that just gave him another reason to pick on us. 

And not to mention, we're in Hufflepuff. 

Malfoy's constant snickering and the booming sound of his footsteps gradually grew closer. Until, he was in front of our door.