Chapter 2

I watched the glass sliding door to our compartment with a careful and suspicious eye. I was waiting for the Slytherin-robed, platinum-haired Draco Malfoy to appear in front of me, separated by a piece of glass. 

Ginerva and Meryl watched closely. One last booming step and snicker, and Draco Malfoy was at our door. For that moment. He stopped walking, and he stopped chuckling. His envious smile faded. He stood in front of our door, and didn't move an inch. His ocean blue eyes were locked on mine. My hazel eyes were locked on his. In that moment, the known fact that his parents were Death Eaters had escaped my mind. The known fact that he was a dark-clouded, hateful, careless Slytherin left my mind. Just for this one moment. I was only focused on him.

For that moment, I saw Malfoy as someone who had even the slightest bit of good in him. A sliver of good that I wouldn't see on a normal day at Hogwarts. I stared so deep into his eyes, and he stared so deep into mine. The rest of the world seemed to be blurred out around Malfoy, and the only thing that was clear enough to see was him. I realized I had been looking into the eyes of Draco Malfoy, and I couldn't stop myself. The moment felt as though it lasted forever. As if it had lasted too long. I seemed to have gained a small amount of self control and consciousness, enough to jerk my head away. Crabbe began snickering and tugged on Malfoy's robe impatiently. He disappeared down the dimly lit aisle, and didn't take his eyes off of me until he was too far away to see me anymore. The world around me came back into focus.

I was confused on what had just occurred. I was wondering what in the world made my eyes lock on his for such a long period of time. What made his eyes lock on mine for such a long time? I had too many questions that couldn't be answered. 

"W-What just happened?" I asked Ginerva and Meryl, as if they would know. "And since when does Malfoy not barge in here and start teasing us with his jinxes?"

"I think Malfoy just fell in love with you..." Began Meryl in a confused tone. Meryl looked behind her to Ginerva. 

"But it's M-Malfoy." I began. "Malfoy." He's never liked anyone but Crabbe and Goyle, and his own house. "It's not possible." However, regardless of all of my jumbled thoughts about Malfoy, one word seemed to creep into my head. Cedric.