Bet

"Because it's rude to tell people that they're idiots, Holmes!" Watson shouted.
    "Why?"
    Watson shook his head. "Are you being serious?"
    Holmes sniffed. "It's hardly my fault they're all stupid."
    "And what about me, hm?" John said, walking over to Holmes, looking him right in the eye. "Am I stupid? Am I an idiot?"
    Sherlock shot him an affronted glare. "Of course you are, but I enjoy your company."
    "I- " Watson stopped. He blinked, confused. "I don't even know what to say to that."
    "Of course you don't. You get flustered remarkably easily."
    "I'm not flustered."
    Holmes raised an eyebrow.
    "I'm not!" Watson insisted, but his face was starting to heat up.
    "Whatever you say, my dear Watson," Sherlock said, but he was smiling.
    John scowled at him. "I'd wager it wouldn't take much to fluster you, Holmes, no matter how stoic you try and appear."
    Sherlock crossed his arms. "Is that so?" He paused. "Go on then... fluster me," he grinned.
    Watson thought for a moment. He reached over and tucked a lock of loose hair behind Sherlock's ear.
    "Seriously? Is that the best you can do?" Holmes mocked. "Let's make this into a little competition, shall we? We take turns, and the one who blushes the hardest pays this month's rent."
    "Deal."
    "Good." Holmes said. "My turn." He leant forward and trailed his finger along Watson's jaw, making the doctor's breath hitch. But he refused to let himself blush. In retaliation, John took Sherlock's hand and stroked across his knuckles, tracing circles on the sensitive skin.
    Holmes ran his fingers through John's hair, his hand settling in the crook of John's neck. He pulled him closer, so their noses were almost touching. A devilish smirk danced across Sherlock's mouth. His eyes flitted to John's lips before closing the gap between them, pressing their mouths together softly. Holmes's other hand cupped John's face, and the doctor leant into the touch. A second passed, then John pulled away, blushed red.
    "You win," he muttered.
    Sherlock stood back, admiring Watson's flushed face. "I always win," he smirked. An idea hit John as the detective turned away. He reached forwards and gave Sherlock's behind a mischievous slap; hard enough that John heard Holmes gasp as he straightened up.
    After a moment, the detective turned slowly, his face crimson. John smirked. "Now who's flustered?"
    "We'll split the rent," Sherlock mumbled, clearing his throat.
    John smiled.