Gossip Girl

He was used to getting up early on a weekday for school, and while most normal teenagers would get up late in the morning or early in the afternoon at the weekends.

Y/N however, made some very questionable decisions when it came to the time he got up on a Saturday and Sunday. Instead of sleeping in like a normal person his age would, he decided it would be a good idea to wake up at four in the morning to watch West Brom play Crystal Palace, and while watching a boring goalless draw across the world in England wasn't exactly exciting, he always watched whatever was on and had done so for years, it basically encompassed his entire weekend when he wasn't playing football himself.

So waking up at around seven in the morning was sleeping in by his standards, but he always seemed more tired on weekdays, whether or not that was because there was no excitement in going to school, he still hadn't figured that out yet.

The week started exactly as the last did, get up, get on the bus first, sit purposely in Annie's seat because he hated being told what not to do, Reiner spoke to him a little, nothing too annoying as he listened to music on the bus.

Classes were the same, homeroom with Hange, then it was off to English with the idiots who had been confirmed as idiots, though Connie was definitely the dumbest, Sasha didn't help herself when she was eating next to him and Mr Smith asked her a question about grammatical language in poems.

Maths was more of the same minus the idiots, and the guy he sat next to, Marco, was actually pretty likeable, but Y/N wasn't really that talkative in class, especially when you have a teacher that threatens every rule you break in his class with a detention.

Then came History, where Y/N was reunited with the girl who slept through everything, and he couldn't even be bothered trying to hide his notes on the failure of the Weimarr Republic in Germany from her, instead just letting her copy whatever she needed to avoid the hassle of arguing with her.

Then came lunch, and while he was hoping to sit in peace for an hour or so with his music, he did expect someone to come over and try and talk to him, he thought it would be Reiner, but he didn't expect a girl he had seen once before to come across and sit next to him.

She had wavy light brown hair that went down to her chin, she had amber coloured eyes, and she looked like she was up to something. And he was proved right when she took one of his earbuds out and put it into her own ear, listening to the music he had on.

"Don't you find Halsey to be depressing?" The girl asked him. "Her music always seemed super depressing to me."

"I don't see why it matters." Y/N responded with. "I listen to music that I enjoy." He told her, before following up. "Do I even know you?"

"Well if you didn't know, I'm Hitch Dreyse." She introduced herself. "And you'll get this back when you answer my questions." She gestured to his earbud, which he was now cursing for being wireless.

"What do you want? And why is everyone so vested in talking to me?" He asked.

"You're new here, and you look so moody all the time, so it's only natural that people are interested for the time being." Hitch explained to him. "Plus you're cute, so you've got some of the girls talking about you."

"You didn't answer my question." He turned his body to face her. "What do you want?"

"Well first let me say, you look like you play sports, I'm a cheerleader myself, vice captain I've been constrained to, so I know what the sporty ones look like." Hitch told him. "I also like to gossip if you couldn't tell, so I went and looked you up."

"Oh jesus..." Y/N sighed, this wasn't going to be good.

"Now, I like to know what's happening around the school, it makes talking about events easier when you know everything, so I looked you up on Instagram, quite a lot of interesting pictures, and you looked happy in them, but now you're so moody."