Chapter 1

He kissed me, his lips chapped-rocky almost rough yet they moved smooth and swift almost perfectly. I hated the use of the word-perfect, even worse when paired with him, he didn't deserve the word, he didn't deserve the boost to his already over inflated ego. Yet again I think of him. All I could do these nights were think of him.

I lie in my bed, my seemingly, newly, always empty bed. The bed that used to belong to him. I sometime wish it still did. Tom Holland, the name always bitter off the tongue. I hated him, the smirk that always rested on his face, the tossed back hair meticulously put into place and his lips, his stupid, awful, pretentious lips. But even then, even when I curse his name here I am awake, alone and tiredly thinking of him when I should be asleep.

Until finally, I wake. It was another summer before I go off to grad school. I was still in schooling even though I don't really want to. Though , even when school is pronounced to a finish I manage to awaken at my steady time of 7:00 A.M, soon I hope I grow out of that habit. I pull away my sweat drenched sheets, I hadn't realized how hot the night could be or maybe then it was just the stress of a boy causing me to sweat through my dreams. My parents I'm sure are already off to work, early mornings and late nights it seems my parents are what you'd refer to as a 'workaholic' I hope over my dead body I don't follow their same path.

I stumble through the shallow dark halls over to the kitchen, grappling to whatever breakfast I have and today that meant cereal...again. I wasn't exactly a cook, I wasn't much of anything. Though I thought that could always be a good thing, as now in the summer I have zero commitments and zero life, essentially. For my summer meant days for free swaying, watching TV, writing and perhaps days of just sleep and that was enough for me. What wasn't enough though, seeing the other's of my class go on for their last adventure before paradise . Maybe I wasn't much of a optimist though I just couldn't understand how my entire class reflects back on our time as some sort of amazing experience when in reality-at least for me it meant piles of homework, cranky teachers, and stupid hot shot boys who break your heart and your trust.

Today, today my plan was groceries-groceries and nothing. Very exciting.

I got dressed into my easiest outfit, sweats and a t-shirt I lazily put on, I didn't even shower. I was disgusting yet for a reason I didn't care. As I was coming back from the store though, the worst happened-my car broke down. I expected it to happen eventually though I hoped it wouldn't be when I was driving it. Steam huffed from the hood and noises indescribable echoed in wretched screams from the car, my car. I had been forced to pull over on a street road, a fairly popular side street in my little town.

I screamed into the steering wheel. Think I thought, I'm not an idiot I can fix a stupid car. My face was red, I was too embarrassed to even get out of the drivers seat so I settled instead on a call, a lucky call. My best friend Harrison, who also happens to be his best friend. Luckily I didn't make him choose between us, I wasn't one to insert extra drama though sometimes in my most guilty moments I wish Harrison would leave Tom to fend for himself.

My phone rung as I awaited Harrison to answer at my dial.

"Hello," the voice of the Blondie spoke through the phone.

Thank God,"Harrison I need you to pick me up," I exclaim in a plead," my car broke down and I also need it to be towed."

He only laughed from the other end of the line. My face only grew more red, I was so embarrassed. "I'll be there in 5, where are you?"

"The road off of the Aldi," I reply.

Then like an Angel he came in minutes even helping me load my groceries in the back of his truck. I didn't understand how Harrison and Tom were best friends, Harrison could do so much better and I don't mind how harsh it sounds. Harrison was nice, he was sweet and caring I didn't understand how he could be so chummy with a boy like Tom so cruel and unjust.

After loading my bag-and waiting for my car to be towed Harrison and I drove home, his home. He invited me over for the day 'so I wasn't so lonely' sure it may have been quite rude of him to assume I was lonely but I didn't mind spending the day with a friend.

In his car the two of us sat side by side, I liked when he drove. He was a smooth driver-better than I was. I never liked driving, I was never good at it. Luckily Harrison had always been the one in the drivers seat even before, Tom was the boy behind the wheel taking us to my destination. Tom was a bad driver-the worst, worse than me yet I hated the task so much I took the risk every time to get in the car with him. A smile brought on to my face, bastard.

Harrison didn't talk much, at least today he didn't. Both of us seemed to be on more of the introverted side of the spectrum, I didn't mind the silence though. I never really did, I enjoyed it-the easy silence of miscommunication. "You smell," he says, I know-I thought.

"you smell," I reply as if it had been anything of value-he didn't smell. Harrison smelt like cinnamon and freshly burning bark wood, he never smelt bad. More sweet, sweet like the baked goods his mother prepares every time I go to his house or sweet like the new cologne he had got for Christmas the year before. Not like Tom, Tom smelt sour but the good kind. The kind of green apples and expensive cologne with hints of peppermint and leather-fine leather. Tom exuded wealth even before his big break, if you had imagined the most prestigious movie star you'd imagine Tom's smell.  I may have hated Tom but I couldn't lie and say his scent wasn't the most alluring to the nose.

Harrison laughs at my comment-thankfully taking me from my thoughts. Soon we finally reached the bustle of houses Harrison's is featured in. His house a cozy, small London home-almost my home. But it wasn't, I was only a guest in his house and in his family but I like to think they think of me as more.

We got out of the car to the front door then-then I almost ran. I almost ran when Harrison opened the door and the boy who I've cursed for years opens the door-Tom fucking Holland.