twentyyyy

Bench; I couldn't think of another word idk don't judge me

Katara
----------
I waited up for Zuko all night. I hated that he went by himself. I hated how stubborn he was. I hated how whipped he had me.

I went to bed angry, and when I woke up, Zuko was sitting in the war room, eating with Toph and Sokka, acting like nothing was was changed. I skulked into the room.

"Morning sugar queen," jested Toph. "You're perfectly sweet as usual. I can feel you stomping around."

"I was up all night, Toph," I defended.

She raised her arms in her own defense.

I rubbed my temples as Sokka looked to me with concern. "What were you doing up all night?" He pressed.

I leveled a glare at him, as if to say none of your business.

Zuko coughed. "Um so, we've hit a dead end. My sister isn't involved nor does she know anything. We have no leads."

As if he were sent from the spirits, Aang waltzed in the room. "I might know someone."

"Well, spit it out!" Sokka encouraged.

Aang hesitated before saying, "It might be a stretch, but... The Painted Lady?"

I clenched my fists. "What does she have to do with any of this?" I leered. The rest of the group went tense.

"It doesn't have to be her," Aang remedied, "I could try the Blue Spirit."

Zuko spit out his hot leaf juice.

"What does he have to do with any of this?" Zuko snarled.

Sokka was frantically glancing between me, Aang- who was still grimacing at our reactions, and Zuko. Toph had an eyebrow propped up. I was staring at Zuko. Why did he care so much about the spirits?

"Okay, so it seems like Aang just dropped a little bomb," Sokka quavered with uncertainty. "Anyone care to explain?"

"The Blue Spirit is peaceful. He has nothing to do with war," Zuko hissed.

"And the Painted Lady is a protector," I added.

"Right, but, they kinda said something else to me..."

"You TALKED TO HER?" I gasped. But Zuko didn't look surprised.

"They talked to me," Aang corrected. "And I think I should try to get in contact with them."

And thus the morning went by with Zuko and I firing questions at Aang and him answering with that same spiritual ambiguity.

But it was decided. Aang would transcend realms tonight in attempt to contact one of the afformentioned spirits.