Mystery Of The Three Fates

When I look back in my notes, then I vaguely remember the case of The Three Fates perhaps because the situation was equally distressing for me and my companion while we jointly tried to reach core of this case. It wasn't the case which was not intriguing or interesting but what happened during that time was undesirable. It was 12th of May in 1916.

"Tell me William, do you believe in God?" Tricky asked me one day while we were eating at dining table as Miss Rossarch perked up her ears to listen to our conversation.

"I can't say I do. It is not my basic idea of scientific explanation of the events but also an utmost complamancy of events that are so dynamic  manifestations of realities in themselves that I found it very hard to believe that a single person up in heaven is capable of controlling all of it. Plus ! I don't feel that there is a need for it..." I stopped seeing Miss Rossarch giving me a stern look.

"I believe I have made my point." I finished.

"Ah yes! But I can say today there is no god . Because the god is supposed to be just and how is it just that My father has invited his close friend Lord Blackwater today." He stabbed his pork fiercely.

"I take it that you don't like Lord Blackwater!" I nervously chuckled.

"No! I like Lord Blackwater . He is quite a good man and is very flexible to new ideas. It is his daughter that he brought with him last two times that I despise." He clarified. I looked at Miss Rossarch to gesture her to tell why and she was more than eager to oblige.

"Oh! I don't like to say bad titbits about people behind their back . But I can't say that I found any fault in that sweet little angel Lord Blackwater brought with him. The man ..oh ! How imprudent and always ordering " can you do it that way " and all ,poking his nose in matters that doesn't concern him. His daughter Agnes on other hand . She was such a sweet talker. Always tidying up her room , keeping things in order and doing things in elegant manner. I am surprised that Master Saltwater didn't call them more often. " She carried on.

"Really! You were supposed to tell why Tricky don't like her ?" I interrupted as Tricky continued eating ignoring us.

"Oh! That . It was nothing. Agnes just borrowed one of the observe book of him to read in her room when she was bored and he without thinking of simply to ask her if she took it , searched his room and then filed a case at police station saying 'Someone stole my casebook' . When he returned in evening with Inspector, Agnes had brushed off the dust from his casebook and kept it back very tenderly. Obviously then he had to withdraw the case and there was a bit of laughter over it but it was all very pleasent." She smiled .

"Never has been a more biased speaker!" Tricky scoffed as I chuckled.

"Well! I guess I will have to meet this Agnes myself and decide for myself." I sighed and then went back to eating my sausage.

We had searched up the newspaper for any new happenings that might be of interest but didn't find any so we had a little choice but to wait for only excitement that I was looking forward to having when two unknown people from Tricky's past life arrives.

It was about 6 pm in evening when we heard a carriage being stopped. Soon Mr Saltwater opened the door and with him were Lord Blackwater and Agnes I presume.

Lord Blackwater took down his coat and hat on hook and proceeded inside. There was nothing particular about him in sight than any other Englishmen but his way of walking certainly created an array of impression in room.

"Ah! You already know Tricky and here is William , my nephew." Mr Saltwater pointed at me . I was a bit surprised when he said me his nephew since he wasn't really father of my cousine and yet I felt good too.