Chapter 3: An Intriguing Offer

Whiteout woke with an unfamiliar bed of rock beneath her, and she definitely wasn't in her family's den.

She opened her eyes to find herself within a strange cave with walls of many warm colored hues. She'd never seen cave walls that weren't consistently gray, and it was warmer here than down in the cavern. It was always so cold down there compared to the warmth of the surface.

The rhythmic sound of a waterfall flooded her ears pleasantly as she admired its rhythmic glimmering. She knew she was above ground now, and she knew where on Furia she was. She'd past this place thousands of times, never realizing that there had been a cozy getaway hiding there the whole time.

But... how did she get here? The last thing she remembered was lying on that cold floor.

She attempted to stand, but quickly regretted it as she fell back onto the floor. Her side burned furiously and she winced from the suddenly obvious pain.

Turning to look, she noticed that she'd been skillfully patched up. Only an experienced healer could have done this. Whiteout wasn't usually allowed such a luxury.

She was thankful her wings and tail hadn't been damaged, now that would be a difficult thing to fix.

Checking the rest of the room, Whiteout could tell that no dragon had been living here in a very long time. But there were fresh claw marks on the floor and an odd stack of chopped wood placed far back in the corner.

The cave was big enough to fit ten Furies inside and there was a tunnel at the back wall that lead downward. Likely into the main cavern.

Carefully, Whiteout stretched her wings and her back. Before finally pushing herself up so that she could peek outside from a ledge by the waterfall.

The pain she was familiar with. It wasn't uncommon for others to lash out on her. She knew they weren't angry with her specifically, but the pain would always be the same. She'd just ignore it for now, and let herself enjoy this new, serene place.

As she neared the waterfall, it's mist cooled her scales in a soft and pleasant manner. It succeed in creating a welcome peace in the atmosphere around her. She caught sight of birds skipping peacefully in the air and listened to the melodies from their songs which made the scene quite serene.

She sat down, intending to stay here for a little while until she felt like getting some questions answered. But fate had a different plan of course.

"You're awake!"

Whiteout nearly jumped out of her scales.

"Oh my Furia you scared me!" She exclaimed as she turned around and caught sight of the Prince.

She sighed, calming herself down.

Toothless approached her, chuckling. "Sorry, I was just surprised to find you awake so soon."

"I'm surprised you are. Considering you took much more damage than I did." Whiteout looked over him worriedly.

"You don't have to worry Whiteout. I've had worse done to me." He was vague about it but added no more on the subject.

"So... did you win?" She asked tentatively.