Chapter 8- Filling in the Holes

A/N: I would like to thank TheLionGuard for the insperation behind this chapter (Though I had to change her idea in the slightest to make it fit in with the plot.) Enjoy!

The animatronics waited impatiently for the clock to turn 12, and for Mike to show up. At last, the clock turned, but no sign of Mike appeared.

"Where is he, Freddy?" Chica worriedly asked, as soon as they could move. "He usually shows up at 11:45."

Freddy glanced at the clock. "I don't know."

Bonnie sighed, and sat down in one of the chairs. "He probably lied about coming back. I would quit my job if I was human, and giant metal robots were hunting me."

"Bilge! Mikey would never do that t' us!" Foxy exclaimed, emerging from Pirate Cove. "He's a good lad, and he loves us."

"Yeah! Mikey wouldn't lie to us! You should know better, Bonbon!" Chica backed up Foxy.

Bonnie flinched. "Don't. Ever. Call. Me. That. Again."

"What? Bonbon?" Said Chica once again, taunting the bunny.

"Yes, that! Now I'm gonna strangle you, you stupid duck!" Bonnie yelled, quite aggravated. Freddy winced, knowing how sensitive chica was about being called a duck.

"I AM A CHICKEN!" Chica screeched, completely furious with Bonnie.

"You look like a DUCK!" Bonnie retaliated.

"DUCKS AREN'T YELLOW!" Chica yelled trying to defend herself.

"WELL NEITHER ARE CHICKENS!" Bonnie yelled back.

Chica was silent for only a second. "I'VE NEVER SEEN A PURPLE BUNNY BEFORE!"

"THAT DOESN'T MATTER! AT LEAST THE KIDS CAN TELL WHAT I AM!" Bonnie fumed.

"THEY CAN TELL WHAT I AM TOO!" Chica was basically face to face with the bunny, hands on her hips, looking quite defiant.

"NO THEY CAN'T! I HEARD LIKE THIRTY KIDS CALL YOU A DUCK!"

"WHAT DOES IT MATTER! I HEARD PEOPLE SAY FOXY WAS A WOLF OR SOMETHING!" Chica was blind to the rather offended expression on Foxy's features.

"Don' bring me into this!" Now Foxy raised his voice.

"WELL YOU'RE IN IT!" Both Bonnie and Chica yelled, and the argument between the fox, bunny, and chicken continued for a while.

"ALL OF YOU CALM DOWN!" Freddy's booming voice echoed throughout the pizzeria. All three snapped to attention, looking at their leader.

"Look who was here to see that display of behavior." Freddy pointed to a rather frightened and surprised Mike, half backed into a corner.

"M-Mikey!" Chica exclaimed, immediately ashamed of how she acted.

"Mikey has been here for the entire time you were arguing. Honestly, I'm disappointed in all of you." Freddy gestured to Mike, who had stepped forward slowly.

Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy stepped away from each other, Chica throwing Bonnie dirty looks.

"Sorry ya had t' see that..." Foxy approached the night guard. "So me bucko, what do ya want t' do? We 'ave six hours together."

"I have nothing really planned, so whatever.... I guess." Mike said plainly.

"Actually Mike, I do have a question." Freddy went to sit at a table, pulling out a chair for Mike and himself.

Mike accepted the invitation to sit. "Sure, Freddy. Ask me anything."

"What've you been doing since you.... left?" The bear questioned, waiting for an answer. When he got none he quickly retracted the question. "You don't have to tell us anything if you don't want to."

Mike sighed. "No, you should know. My life hasn't been that eventful since.... you know." The animatronics gathered around Mike, and waited for him to start.

"The first day back to school wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, I made a friend who stuck with me. It was back at home where I struggled the most. I had a hard time dealing with the loss of my parents, and well, the loss of you guys." Mike paused for a moment. "Bullying stopped, but that was only because I just didn't care anymore. The years flew by, and before I knew it, I was in high school. By then I had a truck load of friends, and only a slight memory of my real family. Both real families." Mike looked at the animatronic's faces while saying that line.

"By my nineteenth birthday, I was a major in the field of mechanics during college, and was probably going to become a mechanic. But that was when I saw the add in the paper, the add for Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. It was then that the memories of all of you guys came flooding back, and I knew I needed to see you all. It wasn't at all the welcome I was expecting." Mike immediately regretted saying that last line.

The animatronics thought back to all those nights, thinking innocent humans were endos. Freddy sighed. "Were all sorry you had to go through that..."

Mike gave a comforting smile. "It's okay. It was an honest mistake."

Bonnie stood up. "An honest mistake?! Why did we even ever think they were endos?! Humans look nothing like them!"

Chica breathed in the realization. "Yeah, why did we?"

Foxy, Chica, and Bonnie all turned to Freddy, who looked just as clueless than the others. "They looked exactly like endoskeletons while we were....stuffing them."

"It could have been a glitch in the system. Seeing me could have fixed it....for some reason. Here, could one of you come to the backroom with me?"

Freddy nodded, and followed Mike. Once inside Mike got out a magnifying glass, and a few spare animatronics parts.

"Freddy, could you remove your costume?" Mike's question was more of an order, so Freddy complied.

Mike couldn't help but shiver at seeing the metal joints and strange head.

"Freddy, I'm going to shut you off, is that okay?" the night guard asked.

Freddy nodded, and Mike flicked a few switches to turn the animatronic off.

He walked up behind the former bear, and observed the wiring. "Nothing seems out of the ordinary....Wait, what's this?"

Mike studied a dented box. Mike recognized it as one of the parts that let the animatronics see the differences between adults, children, and more. The box was dented in a place that should have been impossible to dent, without someone doing it by hand.

Mike carefully removed the damaged part, and replaced it with a brand new one. He switched Freddy back on, and admired his work.

"How does that feel?" Mike questioned.

"Better, much better. Are you going to fix the others?" Freddy said, once he got used to the feel of being completely functional.

"yeah, I'm going to fix the others." Mike answered.

After everyone was repaired, Mike's mind began to wander. 'How did the part get dented? Did a human do it? Why would anyone dent such an important part?'

Foxy came up to Mike. "Ya okay, lad?"

Mike snapped out of his thoughts. "What? Oh, yea. I'm fine."

The pirate smiled. "That be good."

All too soon, the night ended, the animatronics back in their spots. And even though they couldn't move, they could still see. They saw Mike leave, and Ted come in. What they hadn't seen, was something that had happened even before they were turned on for the first time. Someone they didn't know....someone who had dented them.