8

I woke up with a start unknowingly short circuiting the machinery near me, medical equipment HYDRA! No, I can't be back with them

I woke up with a start unknowingly short circuiting the machinery near me, medical equipment HYDRA! No, I can't be back with them. I wasn't restrained so I made a break for it, leaving the room I ran until I ran into a red faced man. By instinct I grabbed him by his neck pinning him to the wall.

"Where am I!?"
I screamed at him as I was pulled back by a dark skinned man.

"You need to calm down Y/n"
He tried to settle me, but the confusion and rush of panic was crunshing me.

"Who's Y/n?"
I asked as I swayed side to side I felt a pair of hands on my arms holding me steady.

"Hey Sparky, I'm going to need you to sit for a sec"
Another dark skinned man said as he guided me to a chair, sitting me down, he handed me a bottle of water.

"Do you remember me?"
He asked as he rubbed my hands, calming me more, I felt like I knew him but I didn't. I shook my head answering no.

"We must go now, let us know how she goes, I will inform you when we have news"
The man with an African accent said, they all said goodbye before the other two men returned their attention to me.

"Let's get some food in you then we will decide what to do next."
He paused with his hand squeezing my shoulders before stepping back.
"I'm Sam and this is Vision and you are Y/n"

I nodded and let him lead me to where we were going, we walked into a kitchen where there were other people, a man who introduced himself as Rhodes thanked me for saving his life, this just added to my confusion.

"She can't remember anything?"
A guy with a manicured goatee asked like I was unable to answer.

"I remember HYDRA, I remember getting away"
I said, causing the guy to actually pay attention to me.

"Is that all you remember?"
He asked.

"I think so"
I said shaking my head, I hated this, I was scared but not of the people around me.

"Well I'm sure Vision and Wanda could help you unlock your memories"
Sam said, I shrugged, this situation I wanted to get out of it asap. A young male ran into the room skidding to a stop, almost falling over, this actually made me laugh which caused Sam to give me a warm glance, the pang in my chest did not go unnoticed. I should know at least know someone here.

"Oh hey you're awake!!, I'm Peter, you're crazy strong!"
He started, I was strong? He continued rambling but jumped around in his essentially one sided conversation.

"Right kid that's enough"
The goatee guy tried to take the young guy away, he sure was a chatty thing.

"I've lost my memories, So I'm sorry if I don't remember"
I said with a smile, letting him know I've no idea where he gets the idea I'm strong.

"Oh bummer, so you don't even remember Bucky?"
He asked and a jolt went through my head when he mentioned the name but before I could grasp the memory it was gone.

"PETER!"
A red headed woman scolded him,

"Who's Bucky?"
I asked, noticing a blonde man look at me, his expression full of hurt and worry I think.

After a few hours I decided to go for a walk, everyone giving me looks full of pity so I took myself away as far as I could from them all, I went down a hallway and had an incredibly strong pull coaxing me towards whatever it was.

Despite my mind telling me not to follow the white rabbit moment I was having I found myself in a room with metal suits and a heap of tech, I felt at home here, the room spoke to me. Ok it's official I'm actually crazy! I glanced over all the tools and machines, I followed the white rabbit right to wonderland.

"What are you doing in here?"
Goatee man asked starling me.

"I was drawn to this room, I... don't worry it's stupid"
I said shaking my head, no need to creep out the people looking after me.

"No, what is it?"
He was a bit abrasive I was finding but straight to the point most of the time any way.

"I feel at home, like I'm a part of this room or it's a part of me.... I'm not a robot am I?"
He looked at me with a confused scowl.

"You're not a robot"
He replied walking closer, I was looking over the screens and computers feeling the energy from them.

"I remember you and umm Sam rushing to me, you saved me, why?"
I was beginning to get upset, I had hit my limit.

"You saved my friend I thought it was only fair"
He replied.

"It wasn't fair, how I am now, isn't fair, it's like my life has been taken anyway, leaving me empty, what if I can't get my memories back? Then, Then I'm stuck with the sad glares knowing there's people out... o...out there that clearly know me and I'm hurting them, I don't know who I am but.... I'm.. I'm scared! I...I..."
I started to feel a great panic build up and sparks flickered off my skin, not helping my panic the attack set in.

"Hey Y/n I'm going to need you to settle down"
He said his mood shifting to one of caution. I was breaking and just before the floodgates let go I was surrounded by a shell. This made me feel at ease, calming me down, I opened my eyes seeing one of the metal suits was covering me.

"What the hell"
The guy exclaimed.

"Why, what did you do!?"
I yelled not knowing if he would hear me.

I wanted out, this was starting to freak me out and like I wished and it was answered the suit opened, I stepped out seeing the other suits which must be able to act without a pilot. They were aimed at the man.

"Y/n just calm down ok, and we can explain ok, just get out of the suit"
Sam ran in hearing a commotion.

I closed my eyes and focused on getting out and it opened letting me out and the other suits powered down.
"That was me?"

"Yeah Sparky, now my friend the red guy he can maybe help you unlock your memories, do you feel up to it?"
Sam asked me, I trusted him.

"Ok"
I replied, if I could have them back now I wanted to chance it.

"Now there were memories you didn't have before this you were a blank slate from before you woke up at HYDRA, these other memories could come back"
Sam explained, this made me nervous, he made it sound like a bad thing, I just nodded and agreed.

"No I need to do this, hopefully I'm less of a ticking time bomb with my memories"
I joked, looking at the robotic suits.

"I'm sorry about this, I..."
I apologised.

"Don't worry about it, but after you get your head right I want you to show me how you did this."
Goatee man said with an amused look on his face, I smiled and went with Sam.

"Now Y/n I'm going to get you to lay down here, and Wanda here will contain your abilities if needed, you may feel uncomfortable, it's not like there's a guide book for this"
The red man, Vision, spoke to me calmly and I climbed on the stretcher ready to hopefully get my noggin sorted.