اثنان

𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩 20 2014

𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩 20 2014.

"we can't go see her kentrell damn!" she yelled. kentrell stared at his mother and felt the tears well up in his eyes.

"just forget about her, you might fuck around and not see her again anyways," she said blowing out smoke and started coughing. her phone started ringing she quickly picked it up and rushed out the room.

he stood up getting ready to follow but he heard a knock at the door.

"ms.gaulden open the door now!" he heard a man with a loud booming voice. kentrell froze thinking it was the police coming for him. he didn't do anything though.

she came from the back room and went straight for the door. the door opened before she could even touch the knob.

"ms.gaulden put your hands up now!" the black police man yelled. she immediately put her hands up and dropped to her knees.

"your being arrested for selling and transporting illegal drugs," the man said putting her wrists in handcuffs, walking out the front door. a few seconds later a white lady walked in with a friendly smile.

"hey do you have any grandparents?" the lady asked. kentrell nodded stepping back.

"come on that's where your going to be staying," kentrell nodded. he was always at his grandma's house anyways so he most definitely didn't have a problem with it.

-

"we can probably visit xavier next week baby, she need time to herself right now," kentrell huffed drinking the rest of the kool-aid that was in the clear plastic cup.

"you gone be alright baby, i promise you gone see her again. it might not be soon but you will," she hugged him, he smiled but didn't hug his grandma back.

"imma go watch tv ma," he said quietly. before she could respond he had walked out and into the other room.

he kicked his sneakers off and pulled his shirt over his head plopping onto the bed. he laid on his back and stared at the ceiling.

"what made her do that?" kentrell asked himself felling tears run down his face. he quickly wiped his tears knowing xavier wouldn't want him crying...

"what if we ain't make it?"

"she would of been better in heaven,"

this whole time kentrell thought his bestfriend was so happy, but now he realized why she was never happy to go home after spending the day away from that hell hole. syringes and drugs laying all over the house, her stepdad was always yelling at her for no reason. her mom didn't care though, her mom did it for the drugs and money that he had but he never gave her.

xavier didn't have a bedroom like most kids had, it was just a bed. that's it. she always read books to keep time passing hoping she would end up falling asleep and not waking up. so she didn't care.

"maybe she did it to keep everybody else happy?" kentrell asked but didn't know who he was asking. maybe himself.

"maybe she did it for me,"