A New Beginning

"What are you...umm what are you doing up here" I stuttered as I quickly wiped my tears away

"I heard you sneak out, and I thought- "Draco muffled

"You thought what?, Huh what exactly did you think Draco" I said harshly

"I thought you wouldn't want to be alone"

I was pissed. I came here for the sole purpose of being alone, but he was right, I didn't want to be alone. That was the thing that pissed me off, him knowing what I need better than I did. I didn't say anything. I just turned my head and lost myself in the sight of the stars. He didn't say anything either, he just sat down across from me. We sat like that for a few moments, in complete silence. Then my eyes started tearing up, I didn't want to cry Infront of him, or anyone one for that matter. My eyes had other plans though. Tears started going down my face as I let out a painful sob. After that I just broke down. I was bawling my eyes out, but not so quietly this time. I could feel him watching me. I didn't mind. I was actually glad that he didn't say anything. After I calmed down a little he came next to me, still not saying a thing, put his arm around me as he pulled me closer to him. I just put my head on his shoulder and broke down again. We spent the whole night like this, and I couldn't be more grateful.

***

"Where the hell were you" Pansy yelled at Draco while they were sitting next to each other during breakfast.

"I was in my room, but I simply forgot" he said quietly

"No you weren't, I came to check up on you. Why are you lying to me?"

He slowly looked up at me sitting across from him as our eyes locked together. We haven't talked about what happened, at all. We quickly focused our eyes back on our meals so that Pansy wouldn't notice anything. The last thing I need was Pansy thinking something is going on between us.

***

"Can we go visit Mister Cedric" Lily gushed as I was explaining a spell to her

She always called him mister. He thought her that when we were only kids and she just went with it. She didn't mean visit him; she meant his grave or at least his memorial. I haven't been there since he died. The visit to the astronomy tower a few nights ago broke me apart, I don't know how I would survive visiting his memorial. It wasn't far away, only a ten-minute walk. His grave though, was back in London, but his memorial was next to the school.

"Maybe another day. We have to prepare you for your exams"

***

It was time to get ready for the ball. Dumbledore organizes a traditional ball every year, but it's nothing like the Yule ball. The Yule ball is always big, glamorous, filled with students from other schools. The traditional ball on the other hand is only organized for
Hogwarts students. Even though attendance is optional most people look forward to going to it.

I chose a dress. It was tailored like the one I had at the Yule ball last year, only this time it was in black. I got into my dress, my hair was down and naturally styled as always. I wore the same small golden hoop earrings. My fingers were filled with golden rings that looked beautiful with the dress. I had a smoky, black eyeshadow on my eyes and that was basically all the makeup I had on.

I walked down the famous staircase just like last year. Only this year Cedric wasn't waiting for me at the bottom. My sister, Harry and Hermione were. I was going to the ball with Hermione and my sister was going with Harry. He actually volunteered to take her. I was so thankful because of that. With her in his hands I didn't have to worry about her whereabouts all night.

Hermione and I were having the most fun we have had in a while. We were dancing, singing, laughing and being genuinely happy. As the slow song started she excused herself and went to dance with Ron. She really loved him. You could see it from a mile away. It made me so happy seeing her happy because if there was a one person that had been there for me always, it was her. I just took a seat on a chair next to the dance table.

"Get up" I heard Draco say as he stood Infront of me.

"Draco people can't see us- "

"I broke up with Pansy" he interrupted "so no I don't care about what other people think and that's why you are going to dance with me" he added as he pulled me up by my hand.

I was so shocked that I didn't even have time to resist.