92: Second Birthday

1 month later
OWENS POV
Today was Ellie's second birthday. It went so fast.
"Amelia," I said as I walked into the kitchen.
"Yeah?" She said as she took a cake out of the oven. My little baker.
"Where should I put these?" I asked as I was holding a bunch of balloons.
"Tie a few to Ellie's high chair and then you can put the rest around the house, doesn't really matter where as long as people can see them," she said.
"Can I put one on the mailbox?" I asked.
"Yeah sure," she smiled. It was already 12 noon and we were having Ellie's party after Kamryn came home from school today. I put the balloons around the house and when I came back Amelia was icing the cake.
"Look at you all talented," I joked as I wrapped my arms around her waist.
"Hey I cant cook, but I can make a good cake," she chuckled.
"It looks good," I smiled and kissed her cheek.
"Daddy!" Ellie said as she ran in the kitchen, "When cousins coming?"
"They're coming over when Kamryn and Zola are done with school," I said and picked her up, "so we can all celebrate your birthday!"
"Ellie how old are you today?" Amelia said.
"2!" Ellie giggled and held up two fingers, "me this many!"
"That's right," I smiled and kissed her head.
"Is Noah still asleep upstairs?" Amelia asked as she walked over to the baby monitor.
"I think so," I said.
"Yup, little guy is peacefully asleep," Amelia said. Amelia finished the cake and put it in the fridge. She was adorable.
AMELIAS POV
I walked down to Noah's nursery when I heard crying. I opened the door and he was crying in his crib.
"Hey buddy, mommy's here," I said and picked him up. I sat down in the rocking chair and rocked him in my arms. He calmed down and I smiled. I figured Noah probably wouldn't go back to sleep since he slept a majority of the morning. Owen and Ellie went to go pick up Kamryn, and everyone would be here in about an hour. Since it was almost winter, the pool was closed, but Ellie wanted to have a movie night with her cousins for her birthday. We were going to watch Frozen 2 and she was so excited about it, it was adorable. I heard the door unlock downstairs so I walked downstairs with Noah.
"Mama!" Kamryn smiled.
"Hi honey, how was school?" I asked.
"It was good," she said, "now we can celebrate Ellie's birthday!"
"We can," I smiled.
-
Everyone was here and the kids were having so much fun. Noah was with Evelyn and they were adorable. I walked into the living room and the kids were watching the movie, along with Maggie because Bailey begged her to stay. I took a picture of all of them and walked back into the kitchen.
"I think someone misses their mommy," Evelyn chuckled as she brought me a crying Noah.
"Hey buddy, what's wrong?" I said as I picked him up. I cradled him in my arms as he calmed down. I saw my mom talking to Owen and I smiled.
"Hi," I said as I walked over to them.
"Hey," Owen said as he pecked my lips. I smiled and looked over at my mom.
"Oh my gosh can I hold the little guy?" She asked.
"Of course," I smiled and placed him in her arms.
"He's already getting so big," my mom said, "he's 6 months?"
"Yup," I smiled.
"He looks exactly like you," My mom smiled at Owen, "with Amelia's eyes."
"Yeah," Owen smiled. He wrapped one of his arms around my waist and I smiled as I leaned into him.
"The kids are growing up too fast," I chuckled.
"Oh but they are so adorable," my mom smiled looking at Noah. I smiled as I looked at Owen.
OWENS POV
"Ellie it's time to sing happy birthday," I smiled as I picked her up and walked into the kitchen with her and everyone followed. I helped her get into her high chair and Amelia brought the cake out with candles. We figured she probably wouldn't be able to blow out the candles so we'll let Kamryn help her with that.
"Before we sing we need a picture of you five!" Carolyn smiled, "let me grab my phone."
"Oh me too," My mom said, "good call Carolyn." Amelia chuckled as she smiled at me. She held Noah while we all stood around Ellie's chair.
"Smile!" Carolyn said. The five of us smiled and then Mer set up her phone for a group photo. After that we all sang happy birthday to Ellie, and Kamryn blew out the candles because she didn't really understand the concept.
"Happy birthday," Amelia smiled as she kissed Ellie's head. I smiled and did the same. We cut the cake and everyone mingled in the kitchen for a while together.
AMELIAS POV
"Ellie say bye bye and thank you to your cousins," I said. She was so sleepy now and it was so cute.
"Bye bye," she said softly, "twank ou."
"Bye Ellie, happy birthday," Mer smiled as she hugged us on her way out.
"Happy Birthday my little cutie pie!" Maggie smiled, "we'll see you soon okay?"
"Okay," Ellie giggled, "bye bye." Once everyone left I figured I should give her a bath so she can fall asleep soon.
"Did you have a good birthday?" I asked as I walked upstairs.
"Yeah," she said, "me 2 now."
"Yup," I said, "Can you show me how many that is?"
"It's this many!" She giggled and held up two fingers.
"That's right," I smiled as I started her bath. I finished her bath and changed her into warm pajamas.
"Let's go say goodnight to Daddy and Kamryn okay?" I said. She nodded as we walked into Kamryn's room.
"Good night mommy and Ellie," Kamryn said.
"Niwht Niwht," Ellie said.
"Happy birthday again Ellie," Kamryn smiled. We walked down the hallway and Owen was in Noah's nursery.
"Hey," I whispered.
"Hey," Owen smiled and walked out so we wouldn't wake Noah up.
"Niwht Daddy!" Ellie said.
"Oh goodnight baby girl," Owen smiled, "did you have a good birthday?"
"Yes," Ellie smiled. She clung to Owen and I smiled. I loved my family so much.