Run Boy Run

After Diego dropped them off at the bus stop, Klaus immediately found a drug dealer

Morana didn't know how he did it. It was like whenever he wanted drugs, poof, there was a drug dealer.

He managed to make his way back to the Umbrella Academy, stripping off all his clothes and collapsing on the couch. He immediately passed out, and Morana and Ben took up positions on the other chairs in the room, waiting for him to wake up.

There wasn't much to do when the only connection you had to the living was passed out.

Sometime the next morning, Klaus started to mutter and shake. "Please . . ."

He breathed faster and faster until he shot up, awake.

"You know you talk in your sleep?" Ben asked, looking down at the book in his hands. Morana was playing Sudoku.

Klaus rolled his eyes and scrambled onto the floor, looking through all of his possessions for drugs.

"There's no point, you're out of drugs."

"Shut your piehole, Ben." He blew a kiss. "Said with love."

"I've got a crazy idea." Ben said, leaning forward. "Why not try starting your day with . . . a glass of orange juice?"

"Or some eggs, maybe." Morana spoke up.

"Can't smoke eggs." He lit a cigarette, putting his foot up on the table.

Morana snorted. "No shit, Sherlock."

He walked behind Ben, still in his neon speedo, and looked through his dad's china cabinets.

"One of these has gotta be gold-plated, right?"

Pogo loudly cleared his throat, startling Klaus.

"Christ on a cracker!" Klaus gasped, putting a had on his chest in shock. "Pogo?"

"My apologies, Master Klaus. I have a query for you."

Klaus took a long drag from his cigarette. "Oh?"

"Items from your father's office have gone missing. In particular, an ornate box with pearl inlay."

Ben turned to stare at Klaus. "Really? You had to take the one thing that apparently had actual value?"

"Really?" Klaus faked ignorance, not even responding to Ben. "You don't say."

"Any idea where it went?"

"Oh, blame the druggie for taking it!" Morana said, throwing her hands up in anger.

"He did take it."

"I know. But still."

"No, no, no. No idea." Klaus said, making a face that Morana knew that Pogo understood. "Sorry."