𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

A/N: part two because i don't want to leave you all hanging for like five months again lol

beomgyu couldn't hear much over the thumping inside his chest as he ran as fast as he could through the woods, but he could definitely hear the rapid heavy footsteps of the monster behind him.

all he could think at the moment was to not trip or else he was dead because he couldn't see much in the dark. he also had no idea of where to go. he never went into the woods because taehyun and yeonjun died in the woods. his parents also died in the very same woods. he was afraid of sharing the same fate as them for even going near the place.

yet here he was, running like a coward in the place he feared the most.

he couldn't think properly on how to outsmart the monster because it seemed to know everything about the place. beomgyu wouldn't doubt that it lived in the woods and it was the demon that killed his loved ones.

he choked back a sob to concentrate on keeping distance between him and the demon, no matter how small the space between them were. he felt minor comfort in knowing the demon wasn't directly behind him.

beomgyu tripped over a branch and fell onto the ground roughly then felt the demon jump on top of him. he screamed out in pain when it stabbed a claw into his shoulder then removed it to lick crimson blood off of it.

the teen looked at the demon as the moon suddenly appeared from behind the dark clouds in the sky and shone its light onto the two beings. the demon seemed to look like human but had more demonic features to it. it had long horns atop its head that seemed to slightly curled inward and black eyes that reflected beomgyu's tattered and fearful self in them. it bared its teeth at him to reveal very sharp yellow teeth inside its mouth and its tail waved slightly behind it, having a similar spearhead as kai's, before it plunged itself into beomgyu's left leg.

the boy screamed out in pain and the demon laughed at his pain. its pale face smiling down at the boy as he sobbed in fear and pain.

"i haven't had a choi in a while and i think you're the best one yet. your parents were very savory while your brother was quite bland, but you. you have a sweet yet savory taste and it's to kill for." it said as it leaned down to lick the boy's shoulder wound.

beomgyu felt a flare of anger swell within his chest at the mention of his family. they weren't just some meals for someone to critique. they were people. they were living people with lives ahead of them before they were eaten by this demon.

he yelled out in anger then used his unharmed arm to punch the demon hard in the face and it seemed to caught it off guard because it moved off him. beomgyu slid away from the demon and kicked it in its face before getting up and trying to run away.

where was he going to go? where can he go that the monster won't find him? he felt hopeless and lost, but he couldn't give up. he still had to get back to soobin, his big brother and reason to live. without him, beomgyu wouldn't be alive and who knew what would happen to soobin if his only family died to a demon again.

beomgyu couldn't leave soobin alone with agony and regret. he couldn't let him live like he had. not even kai could help soobin if beomgyu died.

kai.

beomgyu needed to summon kai! he couldn't think properly to summon him even when he popped up in his mind.

beomgyu smiled slightly as he hobbled around at the thought of the demon boy and his antics. he felt a familiar warmth fill him as he remembered how the boy saved him and soobin. how his kind words and sweet hugs helped them move past the pain the demon world had left them.

he missed a tree root that surfaced the ground and fell onto the ground again. he was surprised he even made it so long before his poor leg gave up.

rolling onto his chest, he looked up to see the demon already looming over him with a smile filled with malice. he smiled back as he whispered softly, "kai, wake up and come to me."

the demon froze at the words with a frown before a bright light threw him off of beomgyu. he doesn't pay attention as familiar familiar fairy lights began to surround him and touch his wounds, sending warmth throughout his body as he closed his eyes and slipped away.

the last thing he heard was a demonic roar as something was being torn apart.

beomgyu woke up with a start and found himself out of his school uniform. he was dressed in a big white shirt and his blue pajama pants. he touched his injured shoulder to find it was completely healed and so was his leg. he felt no pain.

"beomgyu!" a voice called out before he's engulfed in a tight hug and immediately recognized the voice as soobin then hugged him back just ad tight. "i-i was so scared. i thought y-you were gonna..." the older boy couldn't finish before sobbing onto the other's shoulder.

the silver haired teen released a sob as well and shook his head to tell his brother that he would never leave him. the choi brothers cried into each other's arms as they embraced and relief filled them both.

beomgyu opened his eyes to see some fairy lights floating throughout the room coming from the demon boy sleeping beside his bedside dresser. kai saved him. that should fill beomgyu with happiness, but instead...

the teen pulled away from soobin to grab his pillow and blanket. "i-i wanna sleep in your room tonight...if that's okay?" he asked.

soobin nodded eagerly then answered, "of course! we haven't shared a bed in years to be honest."

smiling at his brother, beomgyu nodded as well. "yeah, i missed those times to be honest too."

the boys leave beomgyu's room to sleep in soobin's with them holding each other tightly and beomgyu felt more at ease. he didn't feel safe with kai after that night, especially after what he saw and felt.

the lights that once gave him comfort now gave him fear and mistrust. the demon in the woods used the very same lights to trick beomgyu into his headspace in order to lure him into the woods.

the lights were just a shiny thing meant to lure anyone into doing the demon's bidding. to lure them into a trap and beomgyu wasn't going to let himself fall for anymore traps ever again.