Breaking Point

After Sam threw Lily inside Brycen's house, she stood at the door. "This is all because of you."

Lily stood up and looked Sam up and down. "What are you talking about? Everything that happened is because of you."

Sam walked towards Lily while she began to back up. "I don't want to hurt you. I came to talk," Lily said walking to a dinner table. They were now across from each other.

"This all started when you thought I stole Brycen from you. Do you really love him that much? So much that it made you go mad?"

Sam tilted her head while Lily continued. "Brycen isn't a good guy. I told you before I had no interest in him and I would never steal someone's boyfriend."

Lily gripped the chair that was in front of her. "I wished you had even an ounce of trust for me. Why didn't you believe me?"

She sighed. " I was happy that you approached me during that picnic. You were my first friend when I got here. You didn't care if I was a demon while others gave me dirty looks."

Sam burst out laughing. "That right there is the reason why you became such an easy target. You really don't understand. You might have some good memories with me. I was only talking to you because I thought I could casted you in a supporting role. And as a bonus you were pretty."

Sam walked towards the window and closed the curtains. "You see, I don't like ugly people standing around me. I have standards to uphold, people don't call me the duchess for nothing. Besides you didn't look like the type that would reject me."

"Are you for real? Is it really like that?" Lily asked.

Sam smiled. "Yup."

"But didn't you get bullied before?" Lily asked.

Sam side-eyed her while she continued. "When you were in middle school, I heard you were targeted because of your looks, how you dress and the fact you went out with Brycen. You went through bullying, so why would you want to do the same thing to others?"

"Don't compare apples and oranges. I'm not the type to be bullied by others so easily," Sam chuckled while biting her bottom lip. "I still remember their expressions; Hailie and Parker. I only threatened them a little and they cried and apologized. What a fantastic feeling."

Sam looked at Lily through a mirror. "All of this could have been avoided if you had just cried and apologized. The you at that time were looking at me for validation and you did everything that I wanted you to do."

She started to touch the mirror and breathe heavily. "I gave you a test to see if I could really use you."

"Test? What are you talking about?" Lily asked.

"I lied to you and only you about Nesrin stealing Brycen and about the cheerleading," she smirked. "I was never on the cheerleading team."

"You what!" Lily's eyes flared up but blinked to turn them back to normal.

"It made me feel great about how much I could manipulate you. The bathroom incident before you put that cute illusion on us; your painful twisted expression was just perfect. You should've stayed at your destined position but you decided you wanted to be the main star."

Sam clenched her fist on the glass. "No matter how much I trampled on you, you didn't give up. Having your own opinions, that intense stare that would make people angry..." she punched the mirror, shattering the glass and didn't care if some got stuck in her hands.

She stepped towards Lily. "It's all because of you, that my life went upside down. The world that I build was all destroyed by you!" She tackled Lily to the ground. "I can't forgive the existence of people like you!"

Lily wasn't fazed while Sam wrapped her hands around her neck.

"I won't allow you to be happy!" Sam said, gripping Lily's neck.

"You know I'm immortal. I can't die," Lily said.

"I can try. My magic has been going out of whack but I don't need it to hurt you," Sam squeezing harder and smiling at Lily's gagging.

"How does it feel?" Sam asked.

I have to stop holding back, Lily thought as she opened her eyes and a wave of energy pushed Sam across the room. She landed next to the refrigerator. Lily got up and looked at Sam as she opened a drawer and grabbed a knife.

"I don't know what your definition of immortal is but something like that won't even scratch me. And like I said I don't want to hurt you," Lily said.

Sam tightly held the knife. "But I want to hurt you." Suddenly the knife turned into a grey steel. Lily's eyes widened. Did she just change the material to empyrean steel? Shit the only thing that probably could kill me. I'm not about to find out.

Sam smirked when she saw Lily's expression. She charged towards her. "Die!"

Before Sam could reach, Lily teleported to Brycen's room. She locked the door and tried to put a barrier on his door but it was too late. Sam kicked the door open. Lily lifted up Brycen's bookcase and threw it towards Sam.

Sam's head popped up from the pile of books and she still had the knife in her hand. She looked around the room. "Aw, his room is all messed up, oh well." She slowly walked towards Lily. "If you die, I'll be so much happier," with both hands on the knife she ran towards Lily. "You should've died in the fire!"

Lily had the flashback of being in the abandoned hospital with Yola, fighting for their lives. The abuse from Luke and his pack, getting left to die and saving Yola and vice versa. Her devil's mark started glowing as she stopped Sam from stabbing her.

She looked down at the knife that was inches away from her chest. "Do you really think you could kill a demon as powerful as me so easily." She pushed and kicked Sam in the face.

I'll fight no matter how painful it is. I've decided that I have a future to uphold and I'll be damn to be killed by some crazed up witch!

Lily looked at Sam with her red eyes. "That's the best that you got? Because I'm not backing down."

Sam chuckled while getting up. "That's not enough courage to beat me," she pointed the knife at Lily. "Until the very end, I'll make you suffer."

"You can try," Lily took off her blazer and threw it on the ground. "But you're going to lose."