II

By the time that he wakes up, the sun is already shining blindly. He groans softly because of the heaviness of his head due to the nonstop crying that he did yesterday. He tightened his arms around the pillow- Oikawa's former pillow- and buries his face on it. He sighs with a heavy heart as he inhales his lover's fading scent in the pillow.

I miss him. I miss him a lot.

He takes a deep breath again, tears are flowing like a river again. When i will be get tired of crying? He asks himself and he chuckled bitterly. Never, maybe? The pillow is already getting wet from the new set of tears that has been flowing out from his swollen eyes.

He had been like that for minutes already. He doesn't have an energy to get up since he can feel that exhaustion in his body but then a doorbell rings, making him force to stand up from his- their comfortable bed.

He wipes his eyes, taking a deep breath at the dresser's mirror when he stands up. His body is too heavy today, he notes but he drags his tired and exhausted body to open the door, not even looking who's in the other side.

"You look like a shit, suga." What's that Daichi's said as a greeting. Sugawara just glares at him, opening the door widely for the other man. "I bought some spicy mapo tofu since i know you haven't eaten yet." He said as he placed his shoes in the genkan properly, walking inside the house and looks around.

It looks like usual, Daichi noticed. But the dust from the unused furnitures are evident. It's understandable since Sugawara has been spending his time in the hospital, looking out for Oikawa from the distance.

He walks towards the kitchen, putting the plastic bag on the table. He hears the water running from the bathroom near the kitchen. Sugawara is washing up, maybe.

Despite of looking like usual. There is something that Daichi cannot ignore. It's the house's atmosphere. Before, when he visit the two, the atmosphere is always warm. Relaxing. Something that is welcoming for everyone even someone that is a visitor from the place like him.

But now? It's too quiet. Too quiet for a place of a chaotic couple who loves to laugh and play around. Too quiet to be the home of Sugawara Koushi and Oikawa Tooru.

It's also cold and dark. The curtains are closed and the lights are out. The place look too empty despite of the furniture that is occupying the place.

After Daichi prepared the food on the table. He walks towards the living room, tying up the curtains to let the light coming from the sun to illuminate the dark living room and with that he saw Koushi walking out from the bathroom, nothing new. Just a set of swollen eyes is the only thing that Daichi can see.

"Suga. Let's eat."

Sugawara nods at him quietly, pulling a seat for himself, waiting for Daichi to occupy the seat in front of him. Daichi walks towards the table, seating in front of Sugawara and taking the chopsticks. A soft "Thanks for the meal" can be heard before the two started eating.

It has been a while since the last time Sugawara eat from his own house. Memories of Tooru around the house is something that Sugawara doesn't want to see. He misses Tooru a lot. A lot. He might force himself to Tooru if he got too needy to be noticed by the other man. He doesn't want the other man to be uncomfortable around him instead he wants Tooru to be comfortable at him once again.

"Suga. Are you eating well? You look.. pale." Sugawara frozes but he looks at Daichi and nods. "I am. eating properly." Daichi keeps staring at him. Sugawara wants to laugh at him since he is using the 'captain' look that he used to do to ground their kouhai when they are still in high school but then, his heavy heart doesn't allow him to do such thing. "You're loosing too much weight, suga." Sugawara takes the water beside him, engulfing it as he needsbneeds a distraction upon getting trapped by his bestfriend's statement. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me.. uh.. how's Tooru?"

With the mention of his name, Daichi's eyes soften. "He's doing fine. Last night when we came home. He froze in the genkan. We wonder if he remember something but then he just chuckled at us saying that our house looks awesome? Yeah. That." He looks at the silver haired's reaction but then sugawara just lowered his head, eating the mapo tofu in silence.

"Suga. Don't you think that you should tell him about your relationship?" Sugawara shakes his head, still looking down. "That will mess his memories, Daichi." The said man sighs. "He will be confused Daichi. He clearly hates me right now. Have you seen the way he looks at me yesterday?" Daichi looks at the crying man in front of him. He offers water to the older as he said, "The medication messes his moods suga. You know that. Maybe he's moody because it." This time he completely saw the older's face as Sugawara the water, wiping his tear with the other hand as he drinks the water from the other.

"Daichi. What should i do? I.. it hurts to see him like that... I don't know what should i do with the idea that he doesn't know me.. that he forgets our memories... That he forgot me already." Daichi takes the tissue box from the corner of the table, handling it to his bestfriend.

Sugawara has been a pillar of strength. Not only for Tooru, to Daichi but for all of his friends.

He never cries in front of anyone since he is responsible of being the strength of everyone who's close to him. Seeing him like this, broke Daichi's heart.

"Remember when he said that he doesn't know you?" Sugawara looks at him as he wipes his tears, he nods with a frown evident on his face. "Then you should let him know who you are. Spend time with him. Be his friend again. Can you do that right? For his and your sake."

He expected the silence that he will receive to the other as he talks to him and as he tells his suggestion. He waits. He waited for suga patiently to decide for his own plans

With a heavy sigh, sugawara nodded. Daichi keeps looking at him, silent tears streaming from his face as he continued eating his supposed to be comfort food. Daichi let himself be drowned in the sound of his bestfriend sobbing. He will do his best to take care of his best friend and his lover no matter what it takes.

[unedited; votes and comments are highly appreciated]