I Don't Know What To Name This But I Wanted To Update Anyway

In all honesty, the midwife had told Dorcas McKinnon all she needed to know about giving birth. The most comfortable sitting positions, how to pass time during labor, how to actually push the child out of you, but even with all the countless knowledge that she had built up, Dorcas feared she still was not ready.

On July 29, 1980, Dorcas ignored the obvious signs that she was heading towards labor for as long as possible. The contractions hadn't started any more painful than a regular period cramp, but as time ticked on in the early morning, it was clear to her that she needed to tell Myles.

Yet, this was a process in and of itself. He looked so peaceful sleeping in their bed, she felt that maybe she could wait a little longer. This thought seemed logical until the next contraction came and was so painful it convinced her to wake Myles up in an instant.

Of course, waking him made the situation much more real—as she knew it was bound too—and Myles surprisingly took the entire thing very well. He wasn't as freaked out as Dorcas expected him to be, but he did move the process along much faster than she would've.

"Do you have the to-go bag?" Dorcas asked as she waited sitting on the couch for him.

"You've asked that same question three times in a row, love, but yes I do have it," Myles showed the bag slung over his shoulder.

He helped her carefully off the couch and prepared to apparate to St. Mungo's. Giving his wife a kiss on the forehead, he turned on the spot and transported them safely to the hospital.

...

Two hours later Dorcas suddenly remembered that they should call people to the hospital to see their child—who still has yet to be born—when the time comes that they're both cleaned up.

Dorcas wasn't especially close with her family members, partly because she had lost touch with most of them, but she knew how close Myles was with his family, so she made sure he made an effort to get them here.

He stepped out of the room to send a few messenger patronuses to a select few people. Although, he didn't really understand why he was being so selective when the people he was sending one to would probably bring more people with them.

The first one he sent was to his parents since they were the two people he looked up to the most. That, and they were very excited to become grandparents.

Marlene and Michael received the next ones. He assumed that Marlene would bring Sirius, yet his siblings were his priority because—little did they know—he was going to ask them to become the godparents of his child. It wasn't much of a surprise though because they had talked about it in the past.

"I don't understand why we have to get there so early anyways! It's not like she's had the child yet!" Sirius whined having just been woken up from a nap.

Sirius wouldn't have been whining any other day since he loved children so much—just ask his cousin Andromeda when she had Nymphadora—however, sometimes people's wishes just didn't sit right with him. What was he supposed to do at a hospital for so long?

"Merlin, you don't have to go if you don't want to, but I'm going to be an aunt—"

"Auntie 'Lene has a nice ring to it," James popped into the conversation from the living area where he sat with Lily. "Even if it does make you sound old."

"I wouldn't be talking if I were you, you're going to be parents sooner rather than later," Marlene retorted quickly.

"Okay, okay, we're leaving now," Sirius flourished his arms in a melodramatic manner. "Good-bye everybody, I know how much you'll miss me."