IV: The Blind Auditions

You've always cherished the ocean. Whether it be from a distance, or mindlessly splashing in the waves, there was something about the warm breeze and familiar scent of the crashing waves that always soothed you.

In that moment, as you listened to the soft sounds from the water below, you stood on the balcony of Nobu in Malibu with one of your team members, Willow, discussing how she began her career in music. She had been the first audition of the season, and you'd fought for her affection against Kelly over her beautiful performance of "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis.

The combination of getting to know one of your mentees, as well as the serene sound of the ocean beside you, made the crazed yet fulfilling week completely worthwhile

Four Days Earlier...

Loud bangs sounded from outside your trailer, causing you to jump and nearly drop the gold earring you were trying to loop through your ear.

"Two minutes, Y/N!" you heard Tracy yell from outside.

Giving yourself a once over, you twirled in front of the mirror, letting your gold, knee-length pleated skirt shine in the light. A v-neck, long sleeve jumpsuit resided underneath as you adjusted your necklace one last time and fluffed your curled hair.

Opening the trailer door to the intense, but glowing California sun, you were met with Tracy's smiling face– headset on and clipboard in hand.

"Showtime," she said, nudging you.

"Damn straight," you gave her a high five as you began walking towards the stage door. As you entered the building, you could already hear the faint sound of cheering inside the studio while the MC hyped the audience up.

Walking up to Carson and Blake, you gave them both hugs as they welcomed you. Carson was in his usual suit-and-tie get up, this time wearing a navy colored blazer with black slacks. Blake was in a simple black button down shirt and jeans, very quintessential for him.

"There's my lil lady, look at you!" Blake said as he pulled away your embrace, twirling you around as you giggled, "You're gonna temporarily blind people with that thing," he said, referring to your conspicuous outfit choice.

"Good. My plan is to blind you guys enough to not be able to press the button," you replied with a smirk.

"Well if that's the case, you're getting blocked," Blake retorted.

Each coach during the Blind Auditions had the opportunity to block another coach from having a contestant choose their team. Though, each of you were only deemed one throughout the entire audition process, so choosing wisely was imperative.

"Ah, so that means I'm off the hook then?" a recognizable accent resounded from behind you, making those infuriating butterflies in the pit of your stomach dance.

You turned around to a grinning Harry, clad in a royal blue button up tucked into a pair of bright yellow pants, an off-white blazer worn on top.

"Not completely, Newbie, if you come after any country artist you best believ-"

Blake was swiftly cut off by the sound of heels clamoring against the concrete. All three of you turned towards an out of breath Kelly power walking towards the huddle.

"I'm here! I'm here! Sorry, y'all," said Kelly, letting out a 'woo!' before leaning forward to catch her breath.

Prior to every show, the five of you did a coaches/host huddle to amp up before filming began. Carson was just moments away from taking the stage and officially announcing the coaches for the season, the rest of you soon to follow. A cameraman was currently filming the huddle for some extra Behind-The-Scenes footage with Tracy right at his side.