5 / Coffee

Anxiety begins to crawl over as the music begins playing throughout the room. We begin by dancing our solo parts and and out of the corner of my eyes I watch him smoothly perform trying not to gasp. He then slides on over to to complete our duet. He places his hands on my waist like the teacher instructed and brings his head around my neck consistent with the vampire theme. At this point he's supposed to push me back, but I have to use my reflexes and push myself back and land exactly into his arms. Instead I find myself falling into his arms and after a second of trying to save myself I give up and fall right on top of him. I grimace as his back makes impact with the hard ground. I quickly push myself onto my elbows and his hands rest on my shoulder. Our eyes meet for a second but we both look away. His hands shift from my shoulders to my waist and then he quickly helps move me aside. I stand up before he can offer his hand and move back a little.

He asks if I'm okay and I nod my head. Then a moment of serene silence settles in the room as if we are no longer there. 

I hear him let out a breathy laugh and I look up at him,

"Didn't think you would fall for me this quick" he says with a confident smirk

My eyes widen as I avoid his eyes embarrassed. He seems confused by my reaction at first but I think he realizes that I'm just embarrassed and lets it go. 

"I'm going to go get some coffee? Do you want me to bring some for you?" he asks kindly

"Yes please!" I nod my head vigorously glad to get a moment alone and he laughs and heads out the room 

"He didn't even ask what I like" I mumble to myself

I look up at the mirror and suddenly remember where I am. I wonder if Minho thinks I'm dumb for dancing at such an important event as a member of a band who has nothing to do with dancing. Suddenly instead of this dance studio I'm on the other side of the world in London. I see the other girls dancing around me as I lay on the ground in pain trying to dance with them. My legs begin to shake and I go and sit on the sofa. I take deep shaky breaths as I slowly return back to the dance studio I'm currently in. I don't notice Minho standing on the other side of the room until he clears his throat. 

"Here's your coffee" he says as he walks up to me and hands me the cup

He takes a seat next to me on the sofa gently. 

Strangely it's my favorite. An Americano with 3 extra shots of espresso. As I continue to stare at the cup in amazement I feel Minho take a seat next to me on the sofa.

"You just seemed like you would like something sweet but strong" he says winking 

I nod my head and mumble a gentle thanks.