28 / Happy

Just like last year we had received an invitation for the End Of The Year Awards and I had also received one to join the dance stage again as well. This time I accepted gladly with no hesitation. 

I decided to keep it a secret from Minho so later that night when he called and asked if I received an invitation I said not yet and quickly deterred away from the topic. I wanted to surprise him.

The next morning we have the first practice and I begin getting ready by putting on my long black t-shirt with a pair of comfy shorts. My heart begins to race from both excitement and anxiousness to dance again. I'm excited to see Minho's reaction once he sees that we're meeting again where the roots of our relationship began. 

I get out of the car slowly and walk towards the building, the anxiety building up faster and faster. I take a deep breath outside the door and enter the dance practice room. I feel relieved when I see the same instructor as last time and close the door behind me feeling the familiarity.  

"Welcome back Jina!" She says cheerfully and everyone looks up 

I bow in respect to everyone and I see Minho trying not to smile from the other side of the room. The dance instructor begins to introduce herself to the people who weren't here last year. I can see that Minho is trying to come to my side of the room and I'm sure to warn him to stay over there with my eyes. He pouts gently and my heart melts but I don't want it to seem like I'm openly showing off my relationship with him to be obnoxious. I  wave gently at him and I feel his shoulders shrink. 

I feel bad but I know I can go talk to him after class. I continue sneaking glances at him and I see him shooting hearts at me from behind the singers standing next to him. I see the people around him starting to smile and I hide my face in my hands blushing. He continues sending cute signals as the teacher is talking and I wink secretly sneaking a glance at him and I see him again trying to suppress his smile.

The teacher begins telling us we will be dancing to a slow song called "Love is Amazing" and I hear Minho mumble "It really is" as everyone around him bursts into fits of laughter. The teacher smiles and says "Go ahead and choose your own partners if you know anyone" clearly talking about us. Most people look around to see if they recognize anyone but Minho confidently slides across the room towards me in a second. He grabs my arms pulling me towards him giving me a light peck on the cheek. My eyes widen and everyone around us goes uwu. 

"Jina is my partner!" he yells loud enough for everyone both inside and outside the room to hear

The teacher begins pairing people up and everyone begins getting to know their dance partners. After that we begin practicing and I find my excitement raising as I am able to memorize the choreo at a similar speed to Minho. With his hand on my waist we glide across the room and I feel all the instructors eyes on us as we memorize the dance in a matter of a minutes. We finish earlier then we thought and move aside so a different group can come and practice.

In the corner of the room a glowing Minho stands next to me smiling at me from ear to ear with a playful look in his eyes. I find myself feeling sorry that I'm always on the receiving end of this relationship. I take a slow step closer to him with my eyes and his eyes meeting. He raises his eyebrow questionably and I lean up towards his ear and gently whisper "I love you." 

He grabs both of my arms shaking me gently and yells "I love you too!"

Once again the whole room breaks into laughter. If this was any other day I would have felt embarrassed but being with Minho changes any emotion into happiness. There is no anxiety behind the happiness that could make it feel like it could end soon. Instead it's a happiness where I feel and know that it will last forever. Never again would I be unhappy with my life. That's something I can guarantee. 

THE END