Hiding The Flaws And Walking The Corridors

I awoke as I heard my alarm going off and a cornucopia of instruments rung in my ears. My lips formed a smile as I recognised the song as Disowned Inc. by Serj Tankian.

Then I slided out of bed, got on my feet and proceeded to my wardrobe, my footsteps were like dance moves to the melody.

The chaos quickly died down into the more simple instruments and I heard him take in a breath.

"I can feel you far away~" I sung as I searched for my outfit for today. "Your hesitation matching mine~"

I picked out black jeggings, black socks and a black t-shirt with "System Of A Down" printed on the chest in bold, red writing along with a change of under clothing as well.

I turned, going to my bathroom to get freshened up.

"An old man stares at me.." I heard Serj sing from my bed side table. "In mutual bizarre reverie~"

"Laugh at thy nieghbour, pretend you are sane. Just to say, you survived in vain." I joined the front man on my favourite lyrics of the song as I brushed my teeth, making the foam spill out my mouth and into the small, porcelain sink below me.

I continue with my morning duties as the Armenian-American singer sung his heart out to me and it made me feel ready for the day.

The main fact about me was that I loved System of a Down, escpecially because of the main singer, Serj Tankian, who was an Armenian that moved over to America with his parents when he was just a small child after Armenia under went a lot of problems stemming from the Armenian Genocide in 1914. He went to school and was great at everything, eventually going onto starting his own computer buisness when he was in his 20s.

He was a very intelligent and kind man and I saw him as a big inspiration ever since I was 15.

"Hey Mr. Jack.. is that the mouthwash in your eyes?" My phone sung as I noticed that my player was on shuffle. It was now playing Mr. Jack by System of a Down, which was originally called "P.I.G" when System first released it.

I was now all washed and ready, so I picked up my phone, taking it into the other room, which was a small living room, with a light coloured sofa, a oak table with a flower vase perched on it's surface, a shelf and a TV.

It was nothing glamerous, but I didn't mind. I was just happy that I had some place to sleep.

I walked over and sat on the inviting cushions, and their was a peculiar tray on the table, with a menu on it.

"Oh, damn breakfast started 10 minutes ago." I remembered, grabbing my headphones off the tablr, plugging them into my phone, quickly making my way out of my room.

As I passed the different room numbers that blinked at me harshly as I briskly made my way down the hotel corridor, I stuck the earbuds into my ears, clicking shuffle on my phone.

The music began to play in my ears, swimming around in my head and I knew that it was Holy Mountains by System of a Down.

I had almost made it to the stairs when I saw a resident climb up the them.

My eyes widened as my heart beat quickened, threatening to burst out of my chest as I realised who it was.

He was carrying his bags and hand a solemn look on his face. He must have seen me gawking at him and so he looked up, giving me a gentle smile.

"Oh, good morning." he greeted and his thick Armenian accent shined through, dancing in my ears in a wild tango.

I wanted to say it back but I couldn't speak, couldn't even whisper.

"Are you alright?" He asked, and his eyes lit up as he saw my shirt. "Oh, your a fan."

"Y-you're... Serj Tankian." I said in disbelief, feeling my throat burn in the fire of my every word. I quickly ripped the buds out of my ears, admiring in shock at what I saw in front of my eyes.

"Yes I am." He smiled, a hint of a chuckle in his voice.

I didn't what to do. Sweat beaded up on my forehead and my eyes darted to his luggage.

"Do.. D-do you need help with those? I stammered, my voice trapped in my throat.

"Yeah, if you don't mind." Serj replied, motioning one of the engorged bags to me.

My movements were precise as I tried to concentrate on not getting too exited in front of my idol. I didn't want to look like another desperate fan.

"What's your room number?"

"Oh uhh.." his eyes looked passed me as he thought. "Room 13."

My heart then skipped a beat. Mine was Room 12.

"Okay." I beamed at him, my mind trying to process this whole scene.

We started to walk down the corridor and I noticed that I was no longer in the mood for breakfast.