Sling 1: A World Below....(Part 1)

Disclaimer: I own nothing

Lisa Lavender: "Today marks the second year anniversary of the Fall of Beacon Academy. As Vale has slowly been repaired, more Grimm have seemingly been on the rise and pollute the city's streets."

A news broadcast is shown throughout the city of Mantle, as bystanders pass by the different stores. Very few were interested in the news about Beacon. After the supposed end of the Vytel Festival Tournament, Beacon Academy and its respective kingdom of Vale, had fallen prey to not only hordes upon hordes of the creatures of Grimm, but also an unknown 'hacker group' from Mistral who wanted to pin the blame on Atlas and its military for playing part in it. At least, that was the story....

Lisa: "In other news, researchers predict another tremor will strike Solitas later this afternoon."

We cut to Atlas, the kingdom far above the city of mantle, where we see countless Academy students on their Scrolls seeing the broadcast. Including one Weiss Schnee, wearing the grey and white uniform of Atlas Academy. After Beacon had fallen, Weiss was given an offer to join the Academy by General James Ironwood under his recommendation. Against her father's wishes, she reluctantly agreed to it, albeit a year later than intended, as she was recovering from the events of Beacon. Though, she still remembers her time in Vale, especially her now former team.

Weiss: I wonder how the others are doing.....

She laments on the past, wishing things could be how they use to be, until she feels a tap on her shoulder, finding it to be her new teammate Ciel Soleil, a former competitor in the Vytal Festival and a survivor of The Fall. They were assigned as more of a two person team, as the school could not find a suitable team for Weiss, so Ironwood decided to assign Ciel with her as she the most plausible candidate.

Ciel: "Miss Schnee, we should get going to class."

Weiss: "Right. thank you, Ciel...."

The two walk off into the academy, prepared for another day in Atlas. Hours pass as their classes seem to fly by, as the duo walk together in the seemingly empty halls of Atlas Academy. Or at least they would be if not for a familiar cat Faunus zooming past them with the rest of her team following behind. Weiss sighs at the usual tomfoolery as she makes her way to the library to study until she hears an announcement.

Intercom: "Weiss Schnee and Ciel Soleil report to General Ironwood's office, Immediately. I repeat--"

Weiss lets out a small groan, assuming this going to be a lecture from her father again, wanting to have her quit the school. The two now find themselves in the elevator heading up to the top floor. Once there, they find the headmaster himself along with Weiss's sister, Winter, standing at attention in front of the window looking over Atlas.

Weiss: "Winter? What are you doing here?"

Winter: "Am I not allowed to visit my own sister from time to time?"

Ironwood: "Unfortunately, now is not one of those times."

The general motions for the two to have a seat as he presses a switch on his desk to a project holograms of several recordings and a seismic scale.

Ironwood: "I take it you've all seen the latest broadcast this morning?"

Weiss: "With the latest tremor hitting Mantle, sir?"

Ironwood: "The very same. Only problem with that report is that it wasn't just another tremor. This amount of seismic activity was enough to break through the ice caps of Solitas, leaving a deep crack on the outskirts of Mantle."