# 14 | secret's out

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

Fridays can be a pain in the ass, considering with following weekend that's supposed to be the time to relax, and Seokjin doesn't feel any different with the fifth document that's in his hands. Sighing, he rubs his tired eyes before he clicks on the screen of his phone to check the time.

3:34pm.

Great. He missed his lunch. It's not like he can't just stand up and go grab some, or in his case – ask his assistant to get him some food. But stubbornly, he stays seated in his chair and thinks he's going to eat when he comes to your place. He silently hopes you made tteokbokki again.

A knock cuts him off from his thoughts and hunger, automatic 'come in' leaves his mouth before his assistant's head pops up with slightly widened eyes. "I'm sorry to interrupt you, Mr. Kim but you have a visitor."

"I don't have time for visitors." Seokjin speaks up, annoyance laced in his voice at his assistant. She knows very well not to interrupt him with unannounced visitors.

Her eyes nervously shift, and if he could see her whole body, he'd notice her fingers fidgeting with the hem of her black skirt. She opens her mouth, but not before nervously gulping, ready to tell him something. His brows furrow, sending her a cold glare and ready to scold her because he thought he made himself clear.

"I'm sure you'll find some time for your own father, son."

The voice he hasn't heard for a couple of months resounds, before the office door are pushed open and there he stands. His father looks at him with stern eyes but slight mischievous grin that means no good. Fuck, it's almost as if he can see himself in twenty years.

"What are you doing here?"

The assistant takes the cue, scurrying away with excuse and apology which goes unnoticed by the two men staring at each other. If they weren't so similar to each other, people would've thought they're complete strangers. But of course people in this building knows him very well, he used to sit at the very same place behind the desk like Seokjin does right now. That's why he got away with security and without no notice beforehand.

"Can't I just visit my son whom, may I say, haven't seen in months?" he chuckles, closing the door behind him as he makes his way towards one of the unoccupied chairs in front of the desk.

Seokjin straightens up, although remains unaffected by his father's sudden appearance.

"You don't seem to be surprised. I guess, my surprise didn't work." he muses, while Seokjin narrows his eyes at him.

What the fuck is he doing here?

He hasn't been in a contact with the man for the longest time, which is shame to say since he's his father but well, they never had that good relationship to begin with. But it still doesn't mean he's not slightly surprised.

"You surprised me a little bit, I'll give you that." he mutters, leaning against his chair with a sigh, cocking a brow at his father.

He seems to look exactly the same, with tiny wrinkles adoring his face and freshly saved face. It looks like he hasn't grown any more gray hair since the last time he saw him.

Does this man even age?

"So, what do I owe the pleasure to see you?" he asks, wondering why he has decided to pay a visit to his son. It must be something important since he barely makes the time or interest to see what's going on in his son's life. The same goes for the son himself.

"Can't I just come and see how's my son doing?" Mr. Kim chuckles, placing a hand over his chest as an act of being offended.

"Oh, cut the crap," Seokjin scoffs, leaning against the desk with his elbows. He looks at his father with intensity glare. "What are you doing here, dad?"

Dad.

It's been awhile since he called him that, it stirs a weird feeling inside of him. The meaning behind that one word is so much more powerful right now. And he wonders if–

"When were you planning on telling me that you've a son, son?"

That single questions makes his heart drop, his mouth opening right away as he sees his father glaring at him.

"How do you know about that?" he asks slowly, processing the current situation.

He knew he'd find out eventually, but he never thought it'd be this soon.

"It doesn't matter how, the important thing is that I know now." he simply says, grabbing one of the pencils on the desk and twisting it with his fingers.

Seokjin carefully eyes him, wondering how the fuck he knows about Yoojin when he lives miles away. It probably doesn't matter, words spread fast despite of the distance.

"It was Ara, wasn't it?" he practically snores because it's very clear.

There's no one who could told him about Yoojin, unless you somehow contacted his father and told him but he really doubts that. Weirdly, he doesn't believe you would've do that.

"I've always admired how smart you are," he chuckles, giving him a weird praise but it doesn't seem to surprise Seokjin – he got used to it. "But leave the poor woman out of this. I don't mean to cause any trouble and it's quite understanding, I mean her rage that's aimed mainly at you. She couldn't give you a child, so you've found someone else."

He shrugs, tossing the pencil back to its place as he crosses his legs.

"It's not like that. I didn't plan it." Seokjin says, feeling this weird urge to stand up for himself but he knows his father doesn't care.

"I'm not mad, well, maybe just a little bit since I've found out about my grandchild this way. But I don't blame you."

He doesn't know whether he should be surprised or flattered at that, but he knows one thing. He feels a weird feeling in his chest, it's not a fear but discomfort of what's about to happen. All he can think about is Yoojin and his father's sudden interest in him. He definitely isn't a family type wanting to bond with his newborn grandchild, or maybe Seokjin is just underestimating him.

"Then what are you here for?"

He surely isn't here to throw Seokjin's secret at him – he wouldn't come such distance just for this.

"I want to meet my grandchild," he simply says, shrugging as if it's a normal thing to do. But after a beat of silence, he adds something that causes Seokjin's usual composed state be fueled with discomfort all over again.

"And his mother, of course."