4.

~ Raasleela ~

She sat, glancing at her reflection in the mirror opposite to her. It was almost time. When would he call her? She tapped her feet against the ground, anticipating the sound of his beautiful bansuri.

O Kanha, she thought. Take me away from here. Take me to where your beautiful leelas happen!

As if he knew what she was thinking, his flute's sound came, beckoning her to the ethereal garden where they danced with love on moonlit nights.

Radha stood up, excited. She pulled a cloth over her head, and ran down the stairs of her home. She walked out of the palace, running towards the magical garden where she would meet Krishna.

Her Krishna.

All those initial thoughts of her thinking whether doing this was correct or wrong vanished as soon as his bansuri's melodious tune reached her. Her floral anklets chimed as her bangles clashed against one another.

She finally stopped, with him before her. He stopped playing the flute and turned around, somehow knowing that his Radha had come to meet him.

"Radhe!" He exclaimed, his bansuri in his hands now. "You've come."

"How could I not come?" She asked, her eyes looking at the gopis who had also gathered around their RadhaKrishn.

He smiled, then began to play his flute again. The gopis began to dance in sync as Radha once again stood mesmerized by the ever so enchanting manmohan.

Her feet started moving as she twirled around her Shyam, her eyes gazing at his dark ones. She scanned every feature of him, from his curls to the way he held his flute. Kanha, meri Kanha, she chanted in her head.

The moonlight seemed to dance with them, the dense clouds providing a beautiful scene. She was being serenaded by his bansuri as she continued to swirl around him with ecstasy.

Radha rested her forehead on his shoulder with a content sigh as the gopis left the garden. She could spend her entire life beside him but would feel as if it was only one second.

His head, in turn, leaned on hers as her hands curled around his arm. "Radhe," he muttered softly.

"Hmm?" She said dreamily, still not over their beautiful dance of love. "Kya hua?"

"Radhe," He said, a little more louder this time.

"Kya, Krishn?"

"It's time for you to go," he said, then pointed at the diminishing moon and rising sun. "It's almost dawn. Your mother and father will start looking for you."

She frowned. Was it going to be dawn already? But she felt as if she had just arrived for the raasleela. How was it that their hours together passed so quickly?

"Do I have to go?" She asked.

Krishn laughed softly, it was that laugh which made her heart melt. "You have to go, Radhe," he said. "We will meet again for our raasleela, you know that."

"But Krishn..." She pulled herself away from him and looked at his mesmerizing eyes. "Why do I feel like I want to spend an entire lifetime? Why do I have to be pulled away from you due to worldly things?"

He laughed again. "Meri Radha," he began, turning his gaze to her. "Even if you leave, our souls will always inhabit this place. We will dance here for eons and eons to come. Our beautiful raasleela will never stop, no human can ever come in between this."

She smiled. His words confused her, they always did. But they gave her heart some peace. Would they actually dance here for eternities?

"So even if you bid farewell now, your soul will stay here. You will be dancing to my bansuri's tune. Are you happy now?" He asked, mirroring her smile.

She nodded. "You always know what to say to calm a person down. How can you do that, Krishn?"

He looked away. "That's just...something I've learnt over the years. Now, it's time to leave. Okay?"

"Okay," Radha said, getting up. "Are we meeting next week for our raasleela, Krishn?" She asked.

He nodded. "Next week."