ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

We stumbled along a pebble beach. The scenery in Narnia was absolutely beautiful. Pink flowered trees, crystal blue waters, clear skies...

I spotted a wooden boat in the water with what looked to be two soldiers in it, along with a dwarf. They grabbed him by the legs and arms, and were ready to throw him over. The dwarf had a gag in and his ankles and wrists were tied together.

"Drop him!" Susan demanded.

I looked to her as if she was insane. I shook my head and gave her a look, but she payed me no attention.

The men threw the screaming dwarf over the side. Susan shot an arrow into one, and the other took the warning and dove into the water.

I rushed to the edge of the rocks to help the dwarf, but Peter and Edmund had beat me to it. Edmund dragged the wooden boat to the shore, while Peter helped the dwarf out of the water.

Lucy dropped to her knees, unsheathing her dagger, and cutting the dwarf free from his binds. He stood up, angrily, and yanked out his gag and glared at the eldest queen.

"Drop him?" he repeated. "That's the best you could come up with?!"

Although Susan should've thought more about her words, I wasn't going to let anyone talk to my friend like that. Even if I didn't remember any of them. "A simple 'thank you' would suffice," I told the dwarf with a sneer.

He motioned back towards the water. "They we're doing fine drowning me without your help!"

"Maybe we should've let them," Peter snapped, and my eyes widened.

Sure, we all should have thought before we spoke, but that was taking it a step too far. "Peter!" I exclaimed and slapped his arm. He winced in pain.

Lucy looked up at her brother with a small glare, then back down to the dwarf. "Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" she asked softly.

"They're Telmarines," he scoffed. "It's what they do."

"Telmarines?" Susan asked frightfully.

"In Narnia?" Edmund finished, shocked.

The dwarf rolled his eyes. "Where've you been the last few hundred years?"

"It's a bit of a long story," I told him, laughing slightly.

He looked up to us, and his eyes grew wide. He looked from Peter to Susan, Edmund to me, then to Lucy. He almost dropped to his knees. "You've got to be kidding me," he murmured. "You're it? You're the kings and queens of old?"

Peter nodded, a smile crossing his lips. He stuck his hand out to the dwarf. "High King Peter..." He added proudly, "The Magnificent."

Susan scoffed and rolled her eyes. "You probably could've left off the last bit."

"Probably," the dwarf agreed with a laugh.

"You might be surprised," Peter said, drawing his sword.

The dwarf shook his head. "Oh, you don't want to do that, boy."

"Not me. Her," Peter corrected, looking to me.

I took a step back, shaking my head. "No, I don't even remember all of you, let alone how to sword fight."

"Nonsense," Edmund decided and gave me his sword. "You were a natural."

"Was."

I took his sword anyway, and Peter gave his to the dwarf. His hand fell with the heavy blade placed in it. I looked back to the other four, and they nodded for me to fight.

The blade felt odd in my shaky hands. It was like an old friend, I could tell, but as I said, it was old.

I wasn't so sure about this. I didn't know rather to just walk away, or to keep on going. There was, in fact, shame in calling it quits.

But still. Nothing felt right. Something was off. Something horribly, horribly off.

I was right. The dwarf unexpectedly swung Peter's sword, right towards my head. I ducked, though just barely missing the sharp blade.

As I was standing back up, he hit the side of my head with the butt of his blade. "Ana!" Lucy screamed.

I grimaced and put two fingers on my temple. I drew them back and saw traces of blood.

"Oh, are you alright?" the dwarf asked me and I gritted my teeth.

(Just imagine Rose Williams as Anastasia instead of Skandar Keynes as Edmund)

"Maybe that horn worked after all," the dwarf decided as he fell to his knees.

"What horn?" Susan asked.