Chapter 24: Apple Of My Eye

"Angel, this is such a waste of my time..." Sai-Rin muttered, trying in vain to hide the blush on her face as she gripped the pole in embarrassment. "C'mon, Sugar! You'll get the hang of it! Just swing around a few times and let the music do the rest!" Angel yelled over the disco music blasting from the speakers in his room. "Well, maybe put on some other song!" Sai-Rin groaned. "Maybe something modern...?" she mumbled. Angel shrugged. "All right, then.

(Play the song above now) Sai-Rin smiled. "Much better!" she said, swaying her hips back and forth to the tune. As the song progressed, Sai-Rin really got into the mood, spinning and dipping herself backwards. "Now we're talkin', Sai-Rin!" Angel cheered, hopping on another pole and doing what he did best. Meanwhile, Angel's little pig, Fat Nuggets, playfully waddled around the room with childish joy.

As the song ended, Angel and Sai-Rin joined hands for a moment and then hung upside down. "Wow...that was awesome, Angel!" Sai-Rin breathed, sweating a bit. "Told ya you'd have fun, Sugar!" Angel replied. He suddenly turned his eyes to the open doorway, smirking devilishly. "Looks like we had a bit of an audience.~" Sai-Rin turned in the direction Angel was looking in, and gasped as she saw a furiously blushing Alastor in the doorway.

Sai-Rin slipped to the floor and crawled swiftly over to Alastor, a tiny smile on her face. "S-So...how'd I do?" Alastor tugged on his shirt collar, completely red in the face. "W-Well, that was q-quite the show, my Dear..." he stammered. Sai-Rin chuckled, finding it adorable how flustered Alastor was. It was a rarity to see him so vulnerable. "A-Anyway, I wanted to show you something, Little Love." Alastor finally said, kneeling down to Sai-Rin.

Sai-Rin held out her hands like a toddler telling their parents to pick them up. Alastor smirked, gently lifting Sai-Rin into his arms bridal style. Sai-Rin smiled gently, nuzzling into Alastor's chest and breathing in the familiar scent of his maple cologne. As the two left, Sai-Rin gave Angel a wink, which was returned, along with six hand waves and a happy oink from Fat Nuggets. Sai-Rin was a bit confused to see that Alastor was carrying her to the front door of the hotel. "Um...where are we going, Alastor?" Sai-Rin asked.

"You'll see, Darling." Alastor replied, a sly grin on his face. Soon enough, Alastor and Sai-Rin were in the garden. He sat her down on a bench and reached into his pocket. "Why are we here, Allie?" Sai-Rin asked. Alastor smiled gently, pulling a rosy cheeked, shiny apple out of his pocket. "Now, listen to me, Sai-Rin." Alastor said, an unusual seriousness in his voice.

"This apple is very, very special." Sai-Rin looked at the apple in wonder, her face reflected in its crimson skin. "How so, Alastor?" she asked. Alastor cradled the apple in his palms, gazing down at it. "This apple comes from the orchards of the big man himself." Sai-Rin's eyes widened.

"Wait, so you're telling me you just waltzed into the backyard of the King of Hell himself, and took one of his apples?!" Alastor shrugged, his smile widening. "Ah, but I did it for a reason, Dear!" Sai-Rin crossed her arms. "Well, your explanation had better be good." she said. Alastor lifted the apple to his face, gazing at it almost admirably.

"This little fruit can grant the wish of whomever takes a single bite." Sai-Rin's expression returned to one of wonder. "Any wish?" she asked. Alastor grinned, polishing the apple on his sleeve and laying it in Sai-Rin's hands. "Whatever you desire." he whispered. Sai-Rin looked down at the apple.

"A-Alastor...this is going to be such a horrible mistake..." "I know, Darling..." Alastor replied. "So, make it worth it." Sai-Rin lifted the apple to her face, her hands trembling. "I....I wish...." she began, closing her eyes. Alastor slightly leaned in with anticipation.

"I...can't do it, Alastor! I just can't!" Sai-Rin finally said, thrusting the apple back into Alastor's hands. Alastor thought for a moment, then grinned wickedly. "Fine, Darling. I shall do it myself!" Sai-Rin softly gasped. "N-No, Al! It's too risky! Do you know what those apples can-" "Do to me? Yes, Sai-Rin. And it's a risk I'm willing to take." Alastor interrupted.

Sai-Rin leaned on Alastor's shoulder, a solemn look on her face. "Ok, Al...Suit yourself." Alastor patted Sai-Rin on the head and looked at the apple with determination before he closed his eyes and recited his wish. "I wish for the dearest person in my afterlife to love and be loved in return. I wish for her to know nothing but the sweetest of moments. I wish to lift the sorrows that plagued her in life, to be her light in darkness. I wish to be hers, and for her to be mine." Alastor saw Sai-Rin in the corner of his eye, her hands clasped over her heart and tears in her eyes. Now that the words were said, Alastor had passed the point of no return.

Alastor closed his eyes once more, raised the apple to his lips, and took a bite. His eyes snapped open as he heard a gasp. Alastor and Sai-Rin were shocked to see Charlie standing a few feet away, a horrified look on her doll-like face. "Alastor...What have you done?"