Chapter 01 - Where's he?

She stood lifeless. The moment when the door of the ambulance opened. She saw her parents. Wrapped in white. The earth moved under her feets. Her little eyes welled up with tears. Why did they leave her alone in this world?

"Amma...Nanna... please wake up. Please open your eyes and look at me. Ammmaa.. wake up..."

Saakshi woke up from the sleep. Covered in sweat. Her heart was pounding out of her chest. She wiped her tears and realised that it was a dream again. Her parents were dead. A long ago. It haunted her still. She had this feeling. As if she will soon loose everyone in life. For others she was ill fated and he took her out of it.

She felt her throat going dry and looked around for some water. That's when reality dawned upon her. Today was supposed to be her marriage day. The day they all had been waiting for. Her dreams were coming true. She was getting married to her man. Who owned her heart

"Siddhant?"she looked around for him and found the other side of the bed empty.

Slowly last night's memories came back to her. She let him claim her by all means. She surrended her desires. Her body and soul. Both belonged to him. Slowly a blush crept over her face when she found herself in his long , loose shirt. Hitting her forehead , she gathered sheets around her and walked upto the table to drink water. After gulping it down , she noticed her phone in couch. Her eyes widened when she found numerous missed calls from Subha , Anirudh and Lakshmi.

It started ringing again and she picked it up quickly.

"Hello Subha?"

"Saakshi? Where are you? Where did you disappear from yesterday night? Do you know how many times I tried calling you over the phone. Even Siddhant wasn't picking up my calls and..."

"Subha. Relax. I'm completely fine. I'm here in the guest house"

"What? Are you serious? I thought you went back home yesterday night. Lakshmi aunty is so worried about you. She's calling me for the nth time. Even Siddhant wasn't picking up her calls I was told"

"Oh no"Saakshi hit her forehead. How can she be so dumb?

"Erm... I stayed back here with Siddhant yesterday night"Saakshi said and she heard Subhas gasp from the other end

"You both spent the entire night together? Don't tell me that you both.."

"Keep aside your dirty thoughts. We were sleepy so we slept"Saakshi lied. She couldn't stop blushing.

"Phew and there's nothing dirty about it. You're going to be his wife in few hours. No worries. It's your marriage day"Subha giggled.

"It's 'our' marriage day darling. Even you're getting married to your prince charming right?"

"Yeah"Subha blushed.

"Okay I will meet you there. Have to check for Siddhant. Must be somewhere around"Saakshi said

"Wait..call Anirudh first and tell him that you're here"

"Okay. Bye"

"Bye"

She disconnected the call and took her clothes from the floor. She wore it in a hurry and looked around for Siddhant. He was nowhere to be seen. She checked for him in the washroom , living room , garden , kitchen and the whole house. She couldn't find him anywhere.

Suddenly an unwanted fear crept Inside him. Did he leave her? She gave herself him to him yesterday night. Is that all he wanted from her?

"How can I think like this? He won't leave me. He loves me"she pacified her heart.