Chapter Twenty One

Sia - Snowman (Slowed) 

It really hits different :) 

By the time I got home, it was already nine p.m. The wedding had already started, by now. I felt bad. Kai was probably there, standing alone. I wanted to go, but it would be unbearably embarrassing if I came late to a wedding.

I swallowed and made my way to the lobby of my apartment building.

"Oh! Miss L/n!"

I turned to see a woman running up to me, a red dress in her hand.

"Yes?" I replied, trying to hide my exhaustion.

"Mister Smith left this for you." The middle-aged woman handed me the sparkling red dress. I gawked at it.

"This?" I pointed at the dress, taking it from her.

"Yes, ma'am."

Was this the dress for the wedding? I had told him I wasn't going. I brushed my fingers along the stitches. It was smooth and silky on the inside; much fancier than anything I would have ever worn. Expensive, I could tell.

"Oh, and he also left this for you." The lady handed me a letter in an envelope. I hesitated. What was he doing now?

"Thank you very much." I nodded at her before turning and making my way up to my apartment.

When I arrived, I couldn't help the excitement rising in my throat. It would have taken a lot to push down the giddy smile on my face, so I was grateful no one was around to see it. I tore open the clear packaging, my jaw dropping at the dress. Despite how tired I was, I undressed and slipped it on.

It hugged my body perfectly. I ran my hands over my hips, twirling happily in the mirror. It hung just below my shoulders and stopped right before my knees.

I grinned like a little girl playing dress-up.

"Oh!" I gasped, remembering the note. I ripped the envelope open and took the note out, opening it.

Wasn't sure if this was going to fit you, but if it does, maybe reconsider coming to the wedding?

~ Kai

I threw my head back and laughed, dropping myself onto my bed. I kicked my feet in the air, throwing my hands up and sighing happily. Written at the bottom of the page was the address for the wedding.

Maybe being tired could wait until the morning.

~

I arrived, feeling just a tad bit overwhelmed by all the limousines and fancy dresses. I had put on the amount of makeup I would usually put on, but I felt underdressed, even in this outfit. I was ten minutes late, as the location for the wedding was surprisingly close.

It had already commenced. Butterflies filled my stomach. Late, late, late.

A large man in a tuxedo asked for my name before opening a large gate-like door for me. He directed me towards the place the wedding was taking place. I nodded before thanking them and rushing over.

It was easy to speed-walk there in my flats, and I praised whatever gods made me pick flats over heels.

I caught Kai's eye while sneaking into the room. Luckily, no one else noticed me. With a breath of relief, took up my spot beside Kai.