Chapter 3: The Pokemon Lab

The next morning, Serena woke up in a dreamy mood, though she wasn't sure why. Then she remembered the events of last night, and started blushing as she remembered how Ash had kissed her and told her he loved her. She got out of bed and got dressed, then went downstairs, where Delia was cooking breakfast. "Good morning, Serena," she said. "Good morning Ms. Ketchum," she replied. Delia glanced back at her and said, "Serena, what did we talk about?" Serena amended her statement. "Good morning, Delia." Delia nodded, turning back to the stove. Serena was suddenly hugged from behind. "Morning, 'Rena," Ash's voice said in her ear. She blushed heavily, and Delia chose that moment to turn towards them. She gave Serena a knowing smile and said, "Good morning, Ash. Could you set the table for breakfast, please?" Ash nodded and went into the kitchen to get plates and silverware.

After breakfast, Delia looked them both in the eye and said, "So tell me. Are you together now?" Ash and Serena nodded, and Delia smiled hugely. "Well I think you two are very cute together," she said, making both Ash and Serena's faces turn red. "Anyways," she continued, "What are you planning on doing today, Ash?" He recovered quickly and answered, "I still need to bring my new Pokemon to Professor Oak's Lab." Delia nodded, expecting this, and turned to Serena. "And do you have anything planned today, dear?" Serena shrugged and said, "I guess I'll follow Ash so I can meet his Pokemon." Delia nodded again. "I thought so," she said, causing Serena to blush again.

After breakfast was over, Ash and Serena left the house and headed for Professor Oak's Pokemon Lab. Along the way, Serena asked Ash about his travels in Alola and Galar, and he asked her about her experiences in Hoenn. When they finally got to the lab, the first Pokemon they saw was an Ivysaur, who ran up to Ash as soon as it saw them. "Hey buddy!" Ash said, patting it on the head. "Looks like you evolved! Good for you!" "Ivy!" came the proud response. "Pika!" Pikachu said, proud of his friend. Ash patted Ivysaur on the head again, then turned to Serena. "This is one of my Pokemon. Don't worry, they're all nice." Serena smiled and patted Ivysaur as well. "Nice to meet you, Ivysaur," she said. Ash turned to him and said, "Hey bud, I need you to call the rest of my Pokemon so they can meet the newcomers." Ivysaur nodded and used Seed Bomb to create a flashing display of blue fireworks.

As they waited, Ash and Serena cuddled under a nearby tree. The first hint they got of Ash's Pokemon approaching was a huge rumbling, as though an earthquake had begun. Ash got up suddenly, remembering something. "Uh oh," he said. "Serena looked at him, worried. "What's wrong?" she asked. Ash turned to Ivysaur and said, "can you keep Serena here until it's over?" Ivysaur nodded, understanding, and used Vine Whip to keep Serena in place. "Ash, what's happening? Why did you tell Ivysaur to keep me here?" she asked. Ash turned to her and said, "Don't worry, I'm not in any danger. I just want to make sure you're in the clear." This did little to assuage her fears, but she nodded. Ash turned away from her as a massive dust cloud appeared in the distance. I know this is their way of expressing affection, he thought, but why can't they try to make it less painful?

As the dust cloud got closer, a herd of thirty Tauros could be seen inside it. Suddenly, Ash had a crazy idea. The Tauros herd continued to approach, until it was nearly upon him. When it was about to engulf him, he started running towards it. "ASH!" Serena screamed behind him. Right when he reached the herd, he made a desperate leap and managed to grab hold of the horns of the lead Tauros and pull himself onto its back. When the Tauros realized what happened, they slowed down. When they stopped, Ash got down from the back of the one he'd caught hold of, and was instantly engulfed by the others, who began licking and nuzzling him. Ivysaur, seeing that the danger had passed, let go of Serena, who ran to the herd and tried to force her way through to Ash. Ash saw her approaching and told the Tauros to make room for her. She ran to him and hugged him, holding him tightly as though it would be the last time she could. "I was so scared," she said. Ash squeezed her a little and said, "I was fine. My Tauros trample me to show their affection. It hurts, but it's never dangerous."

After Serena had calmed down, Ash led her back to the tree, where they sat to wait for the rest of his Pokemon, who weren't long in coming. Serena was shocked by the sheer number of Pokemon he had. As Ash began to introduce her to them, two people walked up to them. "Welcome home Ash," Professor Oak said. "How ya doing, Ashy-boy?" Gary asked.

________________________________________________________________________________ 

That's another chapter. Also, SERIOUSLY!? I just started this book a few days ago. How'd it already get nine votes and over eighty reads!? Doumo Arigato. Also, I wanted to recommend a playlist I listen to while writing. Link below (the other link).

 Link below (the other link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5AZeNGB6Ds&t=1376s

Anyways, thank you again for reading my book.