Chapter Fifteen

The SandWing lowered the icicle as she turned around to see what she's been looking for.

Her tongue slithered in and out with delight as she let out hisses with each flick of her poisonous tail barb, which was curling dangerously close to Aqua.

"Ah," the SandWing said, "there you are."

The SeaWing took a worried glance at Soaren, who was huddled up with fear in the corner.

"If you kill him," Aqua snarled, "there will be more than one death in the hour."

"Aqua," Soaren said with a shaky voice, "she can't be killed! She's an animus!"

"Not if I can help it," the SeaWing growled, the gem glowing the original colour it had been, but brighter.

Then suddenly, the ground started to shake and rumble as the shelf by the wall broke into pieces and crumpled helplessly to the stone floor.

The beds quivered and moved around the cave with a yelping Soaren, who got bonked on the head with a book.

"W-what's going on?" He yelped, the haladie dagger slipping from his talons.

But neither Aqua nor the SandWing answered. They stood still as everything else was vibrating and colliding with other objects.

"Well?" The SandWing mused. "What are you waiting for? Kill me!"

"No," Aqua growled. "Not here."

She grabbed the book that hit Soaren's head and boomed in a large, commanding voice, "Enchant this book so that when I open it to any page, it will teleport us out of the cave and somewhere with open space."

She paused, then added, "And lots of water."

Soaren gasped with wide eyes as Aqua opened the book, everything still trembling.

And with that, the three dragons all disappeared from the cave.

I know it's REALLY short but I'm the publisher not the writer so don't blame me!

-285 Words