Chapter 4 | Plums

After I met up with Luna again and we returned back home, i couldn't take my mind off of him. Everything that had happened played on repeat in my head and gladly Luna was focused on the quibbler again and didn't notice. After we arrived back home the upcoming days my mind was sill filled with thoughts about Remus Lupin. I was worried that I would never get to see him again, even though he promised it. But how would he find me?

The only thing I really did in the days leading up to my return to Hogwarts was packing, well at least besides thinking of him. I already missed his touch, his voice, his eyes and I felt beyond silly for feeling this way. I mean we just met and were practically still strangers.

Dad and Luna gladly didn't notice my strange behavior, because she was busy with packing and my dad worked on his magazine. At our very last day I decided that I wanted to give Luna her gift and I had planned on paying for the things that were broken at our house, the water was something not working and if it did it never got warm. And one of the windows was cracked and I knew that it would get really cold when winter was coming along. I already had paid the company to do it and they would do it secretly as a surprise when my dad would work next week, when Luna and I were already in Hogwarts. At this morning I put the jewelry in a small box and wrapped it with pages from an old Quibbler Magazine, since she loved it so much.

I made my way down into the kitchen and noticed she wasn't up yet. But my dad was sitting at the table and was reading the news, drinking his coffee. I made myself a cup of tea and sat down next to him and placed the small gift at Luna's seat.

"What is that, pumpkin?" He asked me with a smile.

"It's a gift for Luna" I said and returned the smile.

"That's very cute and kind, but for what?"

"I just wanted to give back and thank her for.... for everything" I said with a sincere smile and got emotional. "Your thank-you-present will come in one week" I said with a smirk.

"Ohh you didn't need-" he began.

"I know. But I really want to say thank you for everything, everything you had done for me, you are always there for me... dad" I said and got emotional again. I really was more than thankful for him. He was like a dad for me and I couldn't wish for a better one. We leaned forward and hugged each other tightly, we both started crying happy tears. And tried to calm each other down, but it just made us cry more.

"Good mo-" Luna happily said while she jumped down the stairs. "What happened?"

"Don't worry it's all good, darling" our dad answered and swiped his tears away.

"I got something for you." I said and turned around towards her. And pointed at the small box on the table. She first looked at me questioning but walked over to the table and began to unwrap the present. She already smiled at the paper and carefully opened the box. Her smiled widened as she took a look inside. "Thank you so so much! Are those dirigible plums?"

"You guessed correct" I said with a smile and we both laughed when she went and hugged me tightly. We stayed like that for a while.

The rest of the day was very beautiful. We decided to go out and plant flowers in the garden and in the evening we all cooked together. It was a beautiful last day. And the only day my mind was not evolving around him. When we went to bed and Luna and I were standing in the small bathroom brushing our hair, I broke the peaceful silence.

"I met someone" I began. How do I tell her that? I just met him, but the feelings were different from everything I had felt before. She just looked at me for me to continue.
" I met him in one of the dress stores in Diagon Alley, when I tried on a dress. Oh my god! The dress I never even showed it to you. It is the most amazing piece of clothing that I ever have seen. You would love it, I couldn't stop myself and needed to try it on. When I did so , he saw me and complimented me." I noticed that I talked very fast. Talking about him out loud made me very excited. She had placed a hand on my shoulder and still looked at me.
"He...he is different. I never felt like that when I was with him. Everything about him... I can't describe it." I tried to find the right words. But before I could continue she began to speak.

"Looks like you fancy him.."she said with a smirk. "What's his name?"

"Remus. Remus Lupin. But I... I just met him"

"Will you met him again?" She slowly asked.

"He promised it. But he just gave me his name. I'm worried that I will never see him again." At the thought of it I felt a sad pain running through my body. She sensed it and padded my shoulder. "If he promised it, you will see him again. Have you already forgotten that we are wizards? I am sure that he is able to find you, if he wants to"

With that we decided to go to sleep since tomorrow was an exciting day for both of us.