10. What about Noah?

With slow steps Genny nears the front doors of the high school. His lips tremble from the cold wind of the autumn as he runs his hands through his hair, trying to get it to stay in place and cover his face. More exactly his eye.

While nearing the transparent door he notices his reflection and the purple littering around his left eye, and the cut on one side of his lip. The hair is partially covering the bruise. It's the best the boy can do.

He has no makeup to cover them, so the only thing left to do is hope that he goes unnoticed.

After leaving Cameron's house yesterday, he went home. Although there were a few classes left at school, he couldn't go back. He didn't have the power.

Now, looking back at his decisions, Genny wished he would have gone back to school instead of home. Because the moment he entered the house, his uncle was quick to attack him.

And now he's here, hesitating to enter the huge building, scared that someone will notice his wounds and ask about them.

With a deep breath he opens the door, and heads to his locker, keeping his head down.

The oversized Harvard sweater is covering his chest and reaches to his mid-thighs while he struggles to open the locker door with his sleeve-covered hands.

Usually, right now Genny would be running around the school finding teachers and talking to them about his history grade, trying to save it. But now, he feels unmotivated, he doesn't care about his grades anymore. He just gave up.

Walking to his first class Genny's mind wanders to Cameron. He doesn't want to see him anymore, he doesn't want anything to do with him anymore. But at the same time, he wants to meet him, hear his voice.

It's confusing, and Genny has never felt this before. Ever.

Today is gym class. He will surely see Cameron there, but he will ignore him.

He has too.

        "Maybe we should dress in Cobra Kai uniforms

"Maybe we should dress in Cobra Kai uniforms. OH, let's wear the skeleton costumes Johnny and his group wore on Halloween. WAIT, what about policemen, or cowboys. We would look so hot as cowboys." Alex continues rambling while scribbling down in his notebook. The geography teacher is talking and writing but the two friends keep ignoring her.

Alex because he's too focused on discussing Halloween costumes, and Cameron because he can't take his mind of what happened yesterday.

He sighs and runs a hand through his messy hair. His thighs are spread apart as he's leaning forward in his chair, resting his hands on the table, playing with the rings on his tattooed fingers.

He's anxious, maybe more than ever. He doesn't know if he wants to see the brunette or completely ignore him like they never met.

"We should both dress up as Dr. Emmett Brown and Marty." Alex continues, referring to the Halloween party that's being organized by the school in a few weeks.