Chapter Eighteen

Zachary's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

After this exhausting and stressful day, I was finally at my home in Chicago. I decided to go to my gym and go boxing to free myself for the guilt of barely completing any work.

As I keep moving my arms the sweat is joins in, heating me up and helping me to feel free like bird out it's hidden cage. I love the way I can just express everything on a ball full of fluff without hurting anyone around me.

Every time I throw a punch like I am trying to shake off the rocks I am buried in. Trying overcome the sorrow, grief and most importantly the regret of my mistakes. I have made so many over the years that I constantly feel like I don't deserve anything. I don't deserve the wealth I have. I don't deserve the people that care about me. I does deserve the status I have.

Boxing lets me sweat out all these stupid emotions. It was only thing keeping me going after she left. The only thing still keeping me alive. When my sore knuckles come to a stop, I realised just how wet my clothing has become. The sweat droplets on my skin began to run down and splash onto the floor of my gym.

Now, I needed some food in my system because I hadn't eaten anything apart from breakfast today. With Reia fainting, I was on alert mode all day wondering when she was going to wake up. I was way too energy deprived to cook now even though I would love for a homemade meal right now. I ended up going with Maccy D's and plus my muscles do need a bit of fat to keep their shape.

I headed for a ice shower to cool me down after and then I changed into a plain black tee with basic grey sweats. I know it's a bit too ordinary but how cares, I look good as hell in it. Before lights out, I finished of all the pending work so sleep stress free. I hated not doing my work on time. It was like a another rock added to the pile weighing me down on every little thing I did.

Reia's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The Next Day
11.05am

As I got out of bed, I rubbed my eyes feeling like I was in another galaxy while trying to bring myself back to the present. I knew I had slept in for way way too long but this was one of the only days I had free so I might as well enjoy it.

I freshened up but still wore comfy clothes because I was going to be home all day. My cotton oversized hoodie called out to me and immediately caught my eye with it's baby blue colour similar to summer sky. The graphics were pretty sick too but I have no clue what they mean. Let's be honest here and admit that half the time we don't know the writing on our clothing means but we still buy it. I can't be the only one!

First thing to do was definitely eat because technically I hadn't eaten anything for 24 hours and fainting didn't help either. I made go-to banana pancakes recipe and drowned it in delicious home-brandedmaple syrup because your girl ain't going to spend extra money for no reason when they taste almost the same. Yum! I know some may add butter but I despise it on my pancakes and hate the texture and flavour it brings to the sweetness of the pancake. I made 8 pancakes which I know is a lot but to be fair I had a pretty decent excuse.

 I made 8 pancakes which I know is a lot but to be fair I had a pretty decent excuse