✨1✨

Winter was never Anne's favorite season. Regardless, she loved the simplicity of it. The snow was covering all the flowers but still, it had a special place in her heart.

It was still really cold outside. Bash and Mary's wedding was just last week and today was the first day of school after the Christmas break. Anne knew that the weather had to be this gloomy for 2 more months but she was happy anyways.

She opened her eyes, and looked outside, right from the comfort of her warm sheets. It was all white. She knew that she had to get up, or else she would be late on the first day of school and Marilla would be quite angry with her. So she stretched one more time and got off her bed with a yawn. She quickly washed her face and brushed her teeth and got dressed. Marilla and Matthew bought her a beautiful pale yellow dress for Christmas. It even got puffed sleeves! She was so lucky... But she couldn't wear it on a normal school day, so she just picked her baby blue dress, her favourite.

Anne waisted no time and quickly went down the stairs.

-Good morning Marilla, Matthew! Isn't it an amazing day outside? Of course, it's really cold but the wholesomeness of the beautiful landscape makes me so happy! Oh but how I miss the birds, the flowers, the green grass! I never thought I would say this but this gloomy winter is rather boring...

-Oh Anne you scared me! Yes, I suppose it is quite boring. Now come sit before you starve child! I don't want the food to get cold.

-Oh yes sure! I'm so happy that we saved Ms. Stacy! I can tell she's a kindred spirit! I can't wait to see her again! And Diana, and Ruby, and Tillie, and G-... the boys! It's sad that Cole had to leave but he is happier now.. Do you think I could wear my hair down today Marilla?

-I don't see why not.. It already grown, as did you. You are quite a respectable young woman now.

-Oh Marilla I'm only 15! But yes, I presume I am quite respectable. Well anyway, I have to go now... I don't want to be late on my first day back. Goodbye!

Anne fetched her dark blue coat,her winter hat and her books, and left the house with a slam of the door.