2 - S.H.I.E.L.D

Great. Really bloody great. I was headed to S.H.I.E.L.D to be investigated about my existential knowledge of the films. But this would give me the opportunity to find out what was wrong with this universe. The helicopter landed, and I was lifted out. I struggled to stand up on my own due to the annoying handcuffs that Nick Fury insisted I wear before I got here. I had never been handcuffed before and I didn't like it. The metal dug into my skin. 

I was lead to an interrogation room, identical to ones you would see on cop shows. The mirrored glass was shiny and worked effectively to stop anyone seeing behind it. But I waved and smiled at it anyway. I tried to use the telepathy I had been given, but nothing happened. The door swung open and Phil Coulson walked in. I stood up in the moment, glad to see a familiar face, but was yanked back down by the chains that were connected to the table. 

"Sorry about that, it's just a precaution." I knew he'd be nice. At least I hoped he would. "Tell us, Y/N, how is it that we have no data of you before today? You have never been seen, talked, or heard of, ever." This was going to take a while. Why was it so easy for the people in fan fictions? They convinced them in the first chapter of the book! 

"I'm from another universe where you guys are all actors and characters in films, comics and TV shows. I'm here on a mission to fix whatever part of the timeline has been broken, so I can go home. Although this is pretty cool." Why did no one believe me. Coulson just wrote notes in a file and looked at me, unimpressed. 

"You're from another dimension?" 

"Yes."

"Where this is a movie."

"Yes."

"And what movie would that be?" Technically the movie hasn't started yet. S.H.I.E.L.D is still intact and Stark tower isn't finished. 

"Well, the movie hasn't started yet, I'm guessing this is a few days before, but this would be the first Avengers movie." Phil snaps his eyes up. Oh right, Avengers initiative is supposed to be secret. 

"Excuse me for a second." He stands up and leaves, probably to talk to another agent, or Fury himself. It must have been the later, because the scary, one eyed man, quickly walks in and leans his hands on the table. 

"Good afternoon. My name is-" 

"Director Nicholas Joseph Fury. Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I know. Do you know how I know? Because I heard you say it in one of the movies." He nodded thoughtfully. I was going to have to prove it again. Thankfully I had recently read a book recently where they go into the universe and the reader has to prove their story to Fury. "I know about Carol and Goose." His eyes narrow and he frowns in surprise. 

"Stay here." This was going to take forever. I was never going to figure out what was going wrong. Maybe I needed to try again. Looking at the pendant, I gave is a squeeze, hoping to be transported back home. Nothing happened but the pendant glowed red. I wasn't finished. I had to complete the mission before I could go home. This was hopeless. Why would that crazy old man give ME this responsibility? I was going to be stuck here in some sort of cell. The door reopened and Director Fury stepped back in. "It's your lucky day. I have decided to take a risk with you but you better not disappoint me. And if I think, even for a second, that you are a threat, I will kill you myself. Do I make myself clear?" I nod, swallowing harshly. If this was real, as that mysterious guy said, I could actually die! "I want you by my side. 24/7. So hurry up. I don't have all day. He signals for an agent to unlock the cuffs and I rub the red marks left from the metal restraints.

***

Fury took me to a helicopter where Maria Hill was. "Wow, Maria Hill, it's really nice to meet you." Hill glances at Fury questionably but Fury waves her away.