Chapter 15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Pack link'

'Wolves to human'

Human to wolves

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important A/N at the bottom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse POV

It was finely time. The Compound had been located and there were warriors from every species ready to take Mark down and bring his victims home. The Compound was a few towns away from the packhouse so everyone loaded into whatever cars had been brought and headed out. I grabbed Danny's hand as he sat beside me. He gently squeezed my hand and we locked eyes, sharing a determined look. We were going to get our mate back.

~Time skip~

'Everyone in position?' My father's voice rang in the head of the gather warriors, reaching everyone due to a spell cast by one of the witches. The plan was that most of the fae and magic users would stay back while the rest would storm the building. They would then follow once the place was secured and heal the victims and any wounded. Of course they could also be alerted if there was an emergency. A few warriors and healers would track down the captives and keep them safe until they could be removed from the building. Everyone else was to take down Mark and his people, using lethal force if necessary. 'Began.'

A large black dragon could barely be seen moving towards the building before an explosion shattered the night's quiet. 'I am very glad that the Dragon Prince is on our side,' Rain quipped. I wholeheartedly agreed, Crylic would be a dangerous enemy. Bur now was not the time for that. Danny and I grinned at each other, as much as we could in our wolf forms. We had a mate to rescue.

Zero POV

A large explosion jolted me awake. Dust rained down from the ceiling and the lights in the hallway were swinging wildly. A glance at the strange boy showed him sitting in the middle of his cell, face tilted towards the ceiling.

Howls and screeches pierced the air as figures in other cells started moving, startled by what was happening. Suddenly the metal door at the end of the hall burst open and two familiar wolves rushed in. "Jake! Drake!" I shouted, extremely happy to see my mate and pack member.

'Zero!' They both rushed over to my cell. Mystery Boy flinched back, drawing attention to him.

"What the fuck?" Jake whispered as he shifted, staring at Mystery Boy's stitched up face. The rest of the people who came in with him stared in horror as one of the witches summoned balls of fire to illuminate the cells. Most of the inhabitants were injured, and all were naked. Some were missing eyes or limbs. Others had mismatched body parts, as if the limb or wing was cut off one a sewn to another.

A growl came from somewhere in the middle of the group as a large man with toxic green eyes and patches of black scales covering his chest and arms pushed his way through. "What the fuck are you all standing around for? We don't have time for this."

"Nice to see you too Crylic." I snarked as the Dragon Prince approached my cell. He huffed in greeting as he used his claws to tear apart the lock. This knocked the others out of their stupor and they began to open the other cell as Crylic broke my chains. As some as I was free Jake pulled me into a hug. Drake was the one to open Mystery Boy's cell and he could be heard trying to encourage the boy out of the corner he had backed himself into.I extracted myself from my mate's arms and asked one of the witches for a knife before entering the cell.

In the new light I could see small patches of gold scales covering his body, indicating his dragon status and a thick metal collar around his neck. I crouched by him and spoke softly. "Hey, everything's okay. You're safe now. My name is Zero. I was the one in the other cell talking to you" The boy stopped trying to become one with the wall and moved his head to face me. "I'm going to remove these stitches, so hold still, alright?" The boy nodded and I began to carefully cut the stitches closing his eyes. As I removed each stitch, the holes left behind closed on their own, faster than I've ever seen. When I was done the boy slowly opened his eyes, revealing them to be completely gold. "There we go." Drake and I smiled softly at him. "Can you tell me your name?"

"Riel." His voice was barely a whisper.

"Alright Riel," I smiled as he perked up when I used his name. "Is it alright if my friend here," I point to Drake, "carries you so we can get you out of here?" There was no way he would be able to walk by himself. He gave Drake a worried look but nodded anyway.

The wolf slowly moved closer and reached to pick Riel up, but stopped as soon he made contact, they both froze. "Mate." Drake whispered, eyes wide. He shook his head and reached out again to pick Riel up, both shuddering when they touched but not pulling away. As Drake lifted him up, Riel's back was revealed. Like Zayn he had whip marks, but what drew everyone's attention where the golden feather markings on his shoulder blades.

"A Phoenix." One of the witches whispered. Phoenixes were thought to be extinct, so for one to show up here, a Phoenix/Dragon hybrid at that, was surprising.

"Enough staring," Crylic growled. "We need to get them out of here." They others nodded and began to get the other victims ready to move.

"What about Zayn?" I asked.

"Jesse and Daniel are looking for him." Jake responded. I hope he's okay.

Zayn POV.

When I heard the explosion, I knew that it was my chance to escape. Mark's people would be too busy taking care of whatever caused the explosion to worry about me. It had been a few hours since Mark had left me and my pain had faded to a dull ache. I moved off the bed and made my way to the door. I opened it slightly and shifted into my cat form.

Outside the room howls rang through the halls. Scientists would occasionally dash past, but other than that, the halls were empty. I ran towards the howls, somehow knowing that Jesse and Daniel would be there and I was right, but they were not alone.

They were in a large open spaced room, wolves and other creatures fighting against humans all around them. Jesse and Daniel were facing the hallway I had emerged from and between us stood Mark, back facing me and a gun in his hand. He was talking to them, more like yelling, voice loud and hysterical. "YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING! I WILL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB! WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU, YOU'LL BE BEGGING FOR DEATH JUST LIKE THAT BITCHES SISTER DID BEFORE I CUT HER HEAD OFF!"

His words triggered something in me. How dare he. How dare he hurt Silver. How dare he threaten to do to them what he did to me! How dare he threaten MY MATES! I shifted into my wolf form, but it felt different. Bigger, stronger. Mark must have heard me because he started to turn around, but I was too fast and soon my teeth were around his neck and the life drained from his eyes.

Jesse and Daniel were staring at me in surprise. I shifted back and ran towards them, crashing into their arms as they shifted back. They hugged me to them as I cried and muttered the word 'mates' over and over. I vaguely remember seeing Zero and a group of others emerge from one of the other hallways. But all I cared about were my mates as they held me close to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm not gonna make excuses about why I haven't updated, but I do have a warning for any fellow writers out there. Yesterday I was contacted via wattpad by someone claiming to be an editor for a app called R-novel offering me money to write for them if I signed a contract. As writers should do, I looked up the app first. It was very sketchy. No reviews and zero stars. The only other mention I could find was from another wattpad writer who was also contacted. THIS APP IS A SCAM AND IF THEY CONTACT YOU REPORT THEM IMMEDIATELY!